PDA

View Full Version : Fragile hair? :(

Mischamiu
September 7th, 2012, 02:18 PM
So today I was talking to my dad and asked him if he could buy some cassia from the store for me, he wondered what I was using it for and I said it was for my hair. Then he looked at me and told my hair basically looked "fragile" and "I should stop messing with it". This is the first time that my dad has ever made a comment about my hair and I took it seriouly even though I had been ignoring my mum's comment for the past two months.
I myself have noticed some frizzies on the top of my head, kind of like if I had pulled it too hard(wich I don't...) and I thought you guys could help me :D
So here are the 'changes' that occured for the past two months:
- Started using cassia
- Bought a sulfate free shampoo from The Body Shop, but it is for colored hair...
- Coconut oil before the shower, and sometimes on dry hair
- Only combing my hair twice a week, once in the shower (with conditioner) and another when it is dry.

I really don't know what to do, maybe stick to a much simpler routine without cassia? or using traditionel shampoo?
I hope you guys can help because I haaate those hairs on the top :justy:

Thank you for reading :blossom:

akilina
September 7th, 2012, 02:24 PM
It sounds like your routine is fine...What about just wearing your hair up every day and ignoring it?
That is the best way to not think about it and to protect the fragile ends.
Those little frizzies are probably new growth.

Lauram
September 7th, 2012, 02:25 PM
What your doing sounds good.perhaps these little hairs are new growth?

vamq
September 7th, 2012, 02:53 PM
If you are losing more hair, or your hair got a lot thinner suddenly it might be breakage indeed. But seeing your routine, I highly doubt that. It's more likely that it's new growth! :D

I have the same thing going on right now. Aloe vera gel might help to "tame" the flyaways ;)

hermosamendoza
September 7th, 2012, 02:58 PM
did you formerly use -cones in your hair care products? It take a transition for your hair to adjust to life without them. My hair freaked for about two months when I stopped.
Have you tried mixing your cassia with other herbs to strengthen it more?

Someday
September 7th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Cassia helps make my hair stronger. I agree with the others -- the little hairs sound like new growth. I got a bunch when I stopped using sulfate shampoos. Now they have grown out a bit, but they were awkward when they were short.

As for the cassia, I do seem to lose some hair while applying it and washing it out. I am not sure how to do it in a more gentle way -- the consistency is tough to work with. If anyone has tips, please let me know. Thanks!

Madora
September 7th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Those little wispies are probably new growth.

I haven't a clue about cassia but here is a thread devoted to it:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=406

Also, I would suggest combing your hair every day (be sure to detangle first!). Combing every day helps keep the tangles under control. If you let your hair go uncombed for several consecutive days, the chances for tangles increases greatly and some of them (especially the horrible nape tangles) are a pain to deal with).

Mischamiu
September 8th, 2012, 07:06 AM
I think it is the fact that I've stopped using cones and sulfate for a few months now, so I'm not going to worry about it and just assume that it is new growth :D
I don't brush my hair because it i kind of curly so it would be impossible for me to do that, but I'm going to try combing it more often.
Thank you everyone for the answears :blossom: