PDA

View Full Version : I discovered Devacare

Silken
September 6th, 2012, 09:38 AM
So, I've been bad, with my hair, but I've been having fun:
I am gradually trying to lighten up my base color, which was too dark and looked off, in contrast with my face.
My hairstylist suggested highlights, which we did, and she did warn me that my hair would be much more fragile and dried up. So She told me about Devacurl and Devacare.

I do not have curly hair, btw, but she said many women with straight hair use this line as well.

And boy, oh boy, it is amazing stuff!!!
I use the No Poo "shampoo" (it doesn't lather at all, it's more like doing CO washing, actually) and the One Condition conditioner, which I rinse out and then use a small quantity as a leave in afterwards.
I also ordered "heaven in hair" deep conditioner, which I plan to use before and after color treatments and one a week on a regular basis.

The whole line has no sulfates, no salt, no silicones, and it's made my hair feel moisturized, healthy, soft, silky and back to its normal self. I still only use the shampoo once a week, though, the rest of the time, it's all CO washing. And absolutely NO heat styling.
But I really wanted to share this bit of info because the results were that good. :flower:

afu
September 6th, 2012, 10:14 AM
ooo I just went on their website and saw these (http://www.mydevacurl.com/products/curly_tools/devacurl_devagloves), what a fab idea!

GracieRae
September 6th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I just got a trial kit yesterday and tried the no poo and one condition this morning. I think I like it, the fragrance of the products are amazing, I think :)

PinkyCat
September 6th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I tried them a couple years ago. They really didn't impress me though. I had the Low Poo and the One Condition. After a couple uses, the smell really got to me. It became just strange smelling. I tried to use up the Low Poo buy putting it in the hand soap dispenser - but still that smell! I ended up dumping them both out. Wasted $$$.

Glad they work for you though.

brave
September 6th, 2012, 01:41 PM
I use the No Poo "shampoo" (it doesn't lather at all, it's more like doing CO washing, actually) and the One Condition conditioner, which I rinse out and then use a small quantity as a leave in afterwards.

I think No Poo actually is basically a conditioner, just maybe a slightly more cleansing one. Low Poo is the one that has actual mild shampoo ingredients.

Glad to hear you're having such fab results!

ooo I just went on their website and saw these (http://www.mydevacurl.com/products/curly_tools/devacurl_devagloves), what a fab idea!

I think I would feel like mickey mouse with these on. Mickey mouse with fantastic hair.

curlsgalore
September 6th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I believe the "no poo's" actually contain coco betaine as well as the "low poo's", which is a mild cleanser. I love Deva No Poo and One Conditioner. :)