PDA

View Full Version : Body Butter as Leave in - for bleached/dry hair

tiny_teesha
September 6th, 2012, 07:20 AM
I hope this is in the right topic.

I experimented with "freeman" "Feeling beautiful radiant" "Shea body butter olive" moisturiser on my crunchy bleached fringe. It cured the crunchies, made it real soft, soaked up a LOT of moisturiser and feels so much better! :D

I definitely recommend this. I was lucky with brand, perhaps other moisturisers will work too, brands and hand/face moisturisers etc.

Hope this helped someone with fried hair!

Tisiloves
September 6th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I used a mixture of Bio-oil and Bodyshop Mango Body Butter on my super-crunchy bleached ends and that worked fantastically.

twoLs118
September 6th, 2012, 08:20 AM
wow i never even thought to use body butter in my hair!! great tip, thanks!!

DinaAG
September 6th, 2012, 09:51 AM
was thinking of nivea coconut and shea body lotion?

arielįgua
September 6th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I also used to use The Body Shop Shea Butter body butter and it worked great on my dried ends.
But I eventually ran out of it and never went to buy more, specially because it's a bit pricey for me, but I believe other butters/cream could work wonders as well.
If oils do, why can't butters? After all is all hydration and moisturizing. Hurt it won't, right? :/

palaeoqueen
September 6th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I've just tried straight shea butter on my dry ends. It feels nice so far, I'll see how it is in the morning, it's due for a wash anyway so it doesn't matter if it's a bit greasy.