PDA

View Full Version : M&S Autumn Ad - Lovely long white/grey haired model!

hellucy
September 6th, 2012, 03:33 AM
I saw this last night on tv & had to share -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2198545/First-look-M-S-unveils-autumn-TV-ad-campaign-featuring-grey-hair-curves---gets-glowing-review-fashion-expert-Liz-Jones.html?openGraphAuthor=%2Fdebate%2Fcolumnists% 2Fcolumnist-502%2FLiz-Jones.html&videoPlayerURL=http%3A%2F%2Fc.brightcove.com%2Fser vices%2Fviewer%2Ffederated_f9%3FisVid%3D1%26isUI%3 D1%26publisherID%3D1418450360%26playerID%3D7248435 9001%26domain%3Dembed%26videoId%3D&hasBCVideo=true&BCVideoID=1823557148001

The ad is part way down the page, but the stills show the models, I love that they have a model with curves & a larger size but even better is the model with the mid back length white/grey hair it looks amazing.
What do you think? Good ad?

joflakes
September 6th, 2012, 03:39 AM
I love her hair so much! It's beautiful.

I also love the ad, it's really nice to see some more normal sized ladies in it. :)

RubyTuesday
September 6th, 2012, 03:42 AM
I saw it for the first time last night in the ad break for Dallas. Didn't know who it was for until the end and thought to myself - this is a really good advert. Particularly liked the long haired white/grey lady - she looked amazing. M&S always do good ads don't they?

KittyBird
September 6th, 2012, 03:45 AM
The white/grey hair is gorgeous!:inlove:

browneyedsusan
September 6th, 2012, 05:37 AM
The white hair is very striking, but usually white hair comes with age, and I'm not seeing any respectable lines on her face.

I love that they've got normal sized women! Yay for normal bodies!

sarelis
September 6th, 2012, 05:39 AM
I spotted her straight away on the ad, which I saw for the first time last night, simply stunning! She really stood out from all the younger models, looked so elegant :)

millyaulait
September 6th, 2012, 05:47 AM
I love her hair!

So wonderful to see this kind of variety. :)

Stellaaa
September 6th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Nice hair, nice looking ladies, but the clothes were kinda dreary.

akilina
September 6th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I like the ad :)
I like the age range and size range. And I also like that this photo is not seemingly butchered to high heavens with photoshop, although I am sure there was photo altering involved.

afu
September 6th, 2012, 09:06 AM
I love the grey hair :) wish i could fast-forward and have grey myself right now, my parents are late 40s and no grey yet so i have a while to wait.

I like the variety here. Normally when companies go out of their way to show 'normal' they totally get rid of the smaller sized models and go for curves only. There is an ad on TV (im not sure what company) which adverises that it sells 'the perfect sizes' for 'real' women, the clothes start at uk size 14. Now i have nothing against curves, i love them, but as a girl who has always had a tiny figure I find that insulting - who are they to tell me im not a real woman because im a size 8, it's just as bad in my eyes as saying only super-skinny catwalk models are pretty.

Yay for variety :D

dulce
September 6th, 2012, 12:45 PM
The long haired silver model is Yasmina Rossi,a professional model.

PinkyCat
September 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM
My MIL has long white hair just like that. She is such a strikingly beautiful woman.

Mya
September 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I love her hair so much! It's beautiful.

I also love the ad, it's really nice to see some more normal sized ladies in it. :)

They appear thin to me. Normal-thin and not model-thin, but still. Something better anyway.

The white hair is very striking, but usually white hair comes with age, and I'm not seeing any respectable lines on her face.
It's not always liked to age. One of my aunts got white hair in her 20s. Plus, ads are always photoshopped to death.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 6th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Her hair is indeed beautiful.

pink.sara
September 6th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Holey moley! 2 size 16 models in underwear? A 50 year old model with grey hair?

I like this. More please advertising world.

gratitudinous
September 6th, 2012, 02:27 PM

:agree:
It's a great change, and it seems to be appearing more and more often in advertising... it makes me so happy! :D

teal
September 6th, 2012, 02:27 PM

No kidding! Glad to see the real world is not only disenchanted with way-too-thin "models" failing to reflect reality, but also speaking up about it!

MORE
September 7th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Wow, I love her white hair with grey streaks, it looks so exlusive and elegant. She glows! I will copycat that look later on!

MaryO
September 7th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Such a nice ad! I looooove the grey/ white hair. My grandmother has snow white hair, lets hope it happens to me too! :-)

RubyTuesday
September 7th, 2012, 06:43 AM
I seem to remember reading that if you are a redhead you will go white (not grey). Not sure how much truth there is in this.

woolyleprechaun
September 7th, 2012, 06:47 AM
http://www.closemodels.com/model-gallery/default.aspx?model=650
Theres some amazing shots of her hair on her modelling card (whatever they call them... :))

spidermom
September 7th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Getting better, but when are designers going to show what the clothing looks like on overweight dumpy-looking women. There's a lot of us walking around. I've bought things that looked great on the model in the catalog, but on me - not so much.

Bagginslover
September 7th, 2012, 07:27 AM
I love the fact that they are using larger models now, but I still can't help but notice that in the underwear shot, the 2 bigger girls are either hidden behind the skinnier models, or wearing a cover-up garment :( It is still a step forward though, and I do applaud M&S for that :)
The silver haired lady has very striking hair, I do hope that one day my hair will look that way (though looking at my parents, I may never go fully grey :( )

CurlyCurves
September 10th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I spotted the renegray right away too :) I thought of The LHC right away! I have no desires to go gray yet, but thought it was stunning and was glad to see that demographic represented.

I like the variety here. Normally when companies go out of their way to show 'normal' they totally get rid of the smaller sized models and go for curves only. There is an ad on TV (im not sure what company) which adverises that it sells 'the perfect sizes' for 'real' women, the clothes start at uk size 14. Now i have nothing against curves, i love them, but as a girl who has always had a tiny figure I find that insulting - who are they to tell me im not a real woman because im a size 8, it's just as bad in my eyes as saying only super-skinny catwalk models are pretty.

Yay for variety :D

This annoys me too, but for a different reason. Curves have little to do with body weight (barring extremes). Curves are the shape of your body - being a size 14 doesn't make you curvy any more than being a size 6 makes you un-curvy. It's about your bone structure and WHR. I'm a wide shouldered pear (looks like an hourglass with smaller boobs) and that doesn't change, no matter how skinny or fat I am. I prefer being inbetween, just slim :)

ASOS has a line called 'Curves'. But it's not for curvy women specifically, it's just plus size. That annoys me. I like to call a spade a spade.

Masara
September 10th, 2012, 06:21 AM
I love the fact that they are using larger models now, but I still can't help but notice that in the underwear shot, the 2 bigger girls are either hidden behind the skinnier models, or wearing a cover-up garment

I noticed that too.
Its a step in the right direction, although I got a bit too excited when I read about "all shapes and sizes". I thought, at last, maybe we would see a model under 5ft 3 (or even under 5ft 8!)

dementedkitten
September 15th, 2012, 10:23 AM
This links to a few photos of Yasmina & a horse, her hair & the horses mane are SO beautiful .. :)

http://www.complexd.co.uk/2011/07/visuals/complexd-visuals-yasmina-rossi/

Henrietta
September 15th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I love the fact that they are using larger models now, but I still can't help but notice that in the underwear shot, the 2 bigger girls are either hidden behind the skinnier models, or wearing a cover-up garment :( It is still a step forward though, and I do applaud M&S for that :)
The silver haired lady has very striking hair, I do hope that one day my hair will look that way (though looking at my parents, I may never go fully grey :( )

I guess we have to give them time. Adele is changing the world, wearing all those amazing dresses and being proud of her looks.

It's so good to see such pics. Even if they're still far from real-life people's pics. Finally there's no 15 year olds weighing less than my one leg and with seductive face expressions that make me want to run away from the computer.

faellen
September 15th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Love this ad, mainly for the Edwyn Collins song :D

However, yeah, I did notice the grey hair. Love it.

Yozhik
September 15th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Awesome ad.

I approve, fashion industry! :thumbsup:

long&blonde
September 15th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Yasmina Rossi is awesome!
I immediately googled her to see if she'd just gone white-haired young;
Yay! She is now age 56!
She is my new hero.
My hair is currently to waist and 2c.
From my very obvious roots, Granny, Dad & mom,
My hair would be snow white too if i'd kick the ashblonde dye habit.
I've been afraid of what this much this long wavy hair would look like snow white;
Wow, is all I can say after looking at Yasmin's photos!
What an inspiration! :)

Green Eyes
September 16th, 2012, 05:44 AM
I love the ad thought it was brilliant actually showing " real" women and not the sticks and lollipops u usually see, totally green eyed when I see the length of the gorgeous silver white hair I'd love that!!!!