PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Hair Ideas.

Jeno86
September 5th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I'm getting married in May and I'm not sure what I want to do with my hair. The wedding in going to be in the mountains and its a medieval-Pagan theme/ceremony. I want to do some kind of half-up but can only think of a simple braid or bun. Does anyone know a site I can get some ideas from or have any ideas that might help me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Milui Elenath
September 6th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Hmm I don't know of any sites. You can try searching (if you haven't already) LHC for wedding threads (there is one that is active at the moment) also youtube for renaissance, medieval etc. Best wishes :)

MeowScat
September 6th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Will you be wearing a headpiece and / or veil?

It's great that you have many months to play around with it. I recommend taking pictures of every single practice run you do. I'm so glad I did.

Half- up braids (one, two or several small ones) are awesome. So is a half bun (whichever one you love most) and different twists are beautiful. Have you looked on YouTube for inspiration? Or Google Images?

Adding flowers, whether tiny or big, really add a lot of "wow factor", romance and class. The flowers don't have to be real, get some inexpensive ones in different sizes to play around with and, again, TAKE PICTURES!! I can't stress this enough. I took pictures of every single wedding day hair try out and compared them. I'm sooo glad I did. What I thought looked good in the mirror didn't look so good in the practice pictures.

Your memories of that day will be sporadic but your wedding album is forever. Take pictures not just from the back, but also from the sides and FRONT since that's where most of your album shots will be from.

You won't be sorry for these efforts, I can't stress this enough. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I'm so happy for you!

Jeno86
September 6th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Thank you both for your advice! It gave me a few fun ideas!!