PDA

View Full Version : Would you say your shed amount varies.........

GracieRae
September 5th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Or is it about the same every wash? Just curious

Asprettyasme
September 5th, 2012, 09:32 PM
#error

#An error occurred.

vanillabones
September 5th, 2012, 09:59 PM
The same every wash. I haven't shed since joining LHC! But honestly today when I combed my hair after my shower there was a lot more hair than usual in the comb :( when I typically don't find ANY. And I wore my hair in a half up most of the day (it is usually ALWAYS up)... and there were some shed hairs found on myself today... but I was wearing black and my hair is somewhat light so... I'm hoping it is from not oiling as often? Or something. I've been trying to not get greasy.

maborosi
September 5th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Depends on if I'm using a shampoo or not since I don't shampoo very often these days. When I do, I shed a lot more.

~maborosi~

joflakes
September 6th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Yep, varies a lot. For example when I use a Directions dye on it..wow. There are a LOT of hairs shedding! If I use CO, not so much. Totally depends!

Suze2012
September 6th, 2012, 12:48 AM
I don't shed much at all anymore.

I used to a lot more when I used real shampoo and a comb but I don't use either now.
I co wash all week, deep treat and use sls free poo and fingercomb.
I shed more when I started co washing but I scrub less hard now - not sure if that makes a difference or not though.

AJoifulNoise
September 6th, 2012, 02:18 AM
I shed more when I shampoo than when I CO. And, naturally, I shed more when I have gone longer between washes. But these sheds seem pretty consistent.

pink.sara
September 6th, 2012, 04:17 AM
It does seem pretty consistent, although henna weight will pull some extras out but I'm not worried as I'm sure they would have gone soon anyway!

bayleafwish
September 6th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Is it true about the autumn shed? I have shed quit a bit recently but that could b because I am paying more attention to my haor and therfor noticing it. It has slowed down since i have been using sls free, cone free and cold rinses , so i have convinced myself it was something to do with my extremely hot shower.

AineMuirne
September 6th, 2012, 04:47 AM
If I've washed my hair every day in a week, I always lose the same amount of hair. When I skip days, my hair seems to "catch up" with a slightly larger shed. They're still small sheds, though. I need to work on stretching washes... my hair just gets so icky so fast and I don't want to deal with it looking bad.

millyaulait
September 6th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Mine is almost always the same.

A LOT.

spidermom
September 6th, 2012, 06:45 AM
It varies.
Sometimes hairs seem to be jumping off my head, like the last month or so.

Other times, not so much.

Madora
September 6th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Pretty much stays the same.

Mayflower
September 6th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Nope, it's pretty much the same amount each time; 5-10 hairs in the shower (when I wash it). When I brush it, it depends. Sometimes I have no patience and brush a little less gentle, but most of the time I'm pretty careful and therefore loose just a few hairs.

spookyghost
September 6th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Right now Im in the middle of a big shed. So its always a ton but some days may be a little more or a little less.

~honeyflower~
September 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM
I will have a shedding time about every four months, then it will stop and I will have no shedding after that.

JellyBene
September 6th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I go through phases where I have practically zero shedding, like under 10 a day. And then other times it's closer to 20-30 so more normal and once I even went through a period of a couple weeks where I was losing well over 100 hairs every day, that scared me but luckily it stopped.

Suze2012
September 6th, 2012, 02:12 PM
I wash everyday I shed very little.

Leaving a co wash for two days and it's more...two days worth of what seems like natural shed.

It used to be a lot more with sls shampoo used every other day though. Double or treble the amount at least.

ravenreed
September 6th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Shampooing and heavy oiling make me shed more. So does dyeing my hair. When I CO, I don't shed much at all.

ETA: I should say that I don't shed much in the shower, but apparently from the carpet of Raven-hairs all over my floors, I still shed at quite an astounding rate. I am continually surprised that I can shed so much and still have hair on my head. My sons have threatened a mutiny, claiming that my hairs have developed super intelligence, and are actively trying to do them in. Otherwise, how would they end up in rooms that I almost never enter, and in places that no hairs should ever go?

redsonjared
September 6th, 2012, 03:05 PM
ETA: I should say that I don't shed much in the shower, but apparently from the carpet of Raven-hairs all over my floors, I still shed at quite an astounding rate. I am continually surprised that I can shed so much and still have hair on my head. My sons have threatened a mutiny, claiming that my hairs have developed super intelligence, and are actively trying to do them in. Otherwise, how would they end up in rooms that I almost never enter, and in places that no hairs should ever go?

Ravenreed, lol I love your sons reason to mutiny!

My hairs also get everywhere, people can tell when I have been in a meeting room by the red hairs I leave. I have always shed a prodigious amount, easily 50-100 hairs in the shower ( I wash every 2-3 days). Treseme made it a bit worse but really it doesn't matter if I use shampoo or CO washing. Post cassia it is a bit of a scary shed, but that is just the mechanical effect of getting the flipping stuff out - good thing its well worth the effort!

lapushka
September 6th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Pretty much stays the same, apart from two periods in time (shedding season in autumn & spring).

Loveisaverb
September 6th, 2012, 05:01 PM
When I changed shampoos, I shed increased by maybe 3 hairs.
This is coming from someone who sheds so little, like maybe shed like 8 hairs a day.
So its usually about the same.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 6th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I seem to be pretty much the same all the time, losing around 20 hairs a day.

cwarren
September 6th, 2012, 05:35 PM
It varies depending on the products I use to wash my hair. I shed more using shampoo than using just conditioner. I shed even less when I only use herbal rinses.

teal
September 6th, 2012, 05:36 PM
About the same, with seasonal increases followed by slight lulls (spring/autumn)

dwell_in_safety
September 6th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I haven't really noticed any variation in my shed rate, outside of a recent minor shed caused by major stress. I think for many there is a seasonal fluctuation, though.

shutterpillar
September 6th, 2012, 05:51 PM
It definitely varies based on season and whether or not I am using shampoo. I shed a LOT less when I CO wash. I have about double the shedding after shampoo and conditioner.

I have also found I shed a bit more in the spring.

jojo
September 6th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I shed about 5 hairs when washing my hair and probably about 20 when combing or brushing, I clean my brush weekly and it's hardly anything I remove. I do however shed seasonal where I can shed up to approx 100 hairs a day for 3 months, then it goes back to minimal shedding.

When my hair was long before, I lost a lot more in fact our vacuum cleaner was forever getting hairs round the wheels and my sink would block, I did change my hair colour as often as my underwater and blew dried and straightened my hair daily though!

terylenerose
September 6th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I can't tell, honestly. I think it might be more when I CO (which I don't do anymore because it doesn't work), but who knows. I hope it decreases a little now that I'm keeping my scalp de-yucked better.