PDA

View Full Version : hair shading photo

marobader
September 5th, 2012, 04:17 PM
my hair shading alot for quite time now & become thinner I feel it
2 days ago I washed my hair combed with wide teeth comb & that much of hair came out in the comb only there was some hair while co-washing too
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4586/20120903171657.jpg
the same hair but together
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3315/20120903171749.jpg
is it normal ?????????????

marobader
September 5th, 2012, 04:21 PM
hair shedding sorry I miss spelled I

katfemme89
September 5th, 2012, 04:23 PM
A lot of that looks like broken hairs rather than shed hairs. Your hair probably needs a moisture treatment like Aloe vera gel if it is breaking off that much.

If I am mistaken and it is all shed hairs rather than broken ones, (you can tell this by checking for a root ball on each end of a hair) then you might be having a stress shed. I had one of these about a month ago. It was quite a bit of hair, much like this.

anastasiya
September 5th, 2012, 04:30 PM
what is a stress shed? is it shedding because of stress?

spidermom
September 5th, 2012, 04:42 PM
If you hair is as long as the avatar and profile picture, those are most likely broken off bits. I'd advise regular protein and deep moisture treatments. I don't know about Egypt, but in the U.S. we can buy hair treatments that are either protein or moisture or a combination of the two.

marobader
September 5th, 2012, 04:42 PM
A lot of that looks like broken hairs rather than shed hairs. Your hair probably needs a moisture treatment like Aloe vera gel if it is breaking off that much.

If I am mistaken and it is all shed hairs rather than broken ones, (you can tell this by checking for a root ball on each end of a hair) then you might be having a stress shed. I had one of these about a month ago. It was quite a bit of hair, much like this.
I guess you are right I was doing a hair twist last night my hair was breaking in my hand while finger detangling :(

marobader
September 5th, 2012, 04:56 PM
If you hair is as long as the avatar and profile picture, those are most likely broken off bits. I'd advise regular protein and deep moisture treatments. I don't know about Egypt, but in the U.S. we can buy hair treatments that are either protein or moisture or a combination of the two.
unfortunately I search a lot but could not find any moisture treatment only a protein or combination treatment I don't know why but it is not very effective
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6646/largeq.png
it is made in USA plz give me some suggestion may be I can found one here
Thank you :)

katfemme89
September 5th, 2012, 04:57 PM
what is a stress shed? is it shedding because of stress?

Yes. If you've ever seen cats fight, you notice how their hair falls out in clumps and flies everywhere? It's because they are under stress. Same happens with humans. I had my stress shed right before I underwent major surgery to remove a large ovarian cyst.

katfemme89
September 5th, 2012, 05:00 PM
unfortunately I search a lot but could not find any moisture treatment only a protein or combination treatment I don't know why but it is not very effective.

I would actually not recommend a protein treatment. When hair gets brittle and breaks, it is usually a sign of too much protein. To restore elasticity to hair, moisture is needed. If you cannot find any shampoo or conditioner that says it is moisturizing, you can always use aloe vera gel from the store, or even if you have an aloe vera plant you can use the juice directly from the plant.

spidermom
September 5th, 2012, 05:00 PM
For treatments that you can buy, my favorite is Joico K-Pak Reconstructor. It is both protein and moisture, and I never have to follow it with a moisture treatment.

Sometimes you need to follow a combination treatment with a moisture treatment. Maybe try an SMT (2 parts conditioner, 1 part honey, 1 part aloe vera; leave on your hair for at least one hour), or you could buy a moisture treatment and follow the directions. When I have had nothing else, leaving conditioner on my hair for about an hour was better than nothing.

You should always follow a protein treatment with a moisture treatment.

battles
September 5th, 2012, 05:06 PM
For treatments that you can buy, my favorite is Joico K-Pak Reconstructor. It is both protein and moisture, and I never have to follow it with a moisture treatment.

Sometimes you need to follow a combination treatment with a moisture treatment. Maybe try an SMT (2 parts conditioner, 1 part honey, 1 part aloe vera; leave on your hair for at least one hour), or you could buy a moisture treatment and follow the directions. When I have had nothing else, leaving conditioner on my hair for about an hour was better than nothing.

I'm not totally sure if an SMT would be beneficial, because she lives in a desert climate. I think she would definitely have to leave out the honey if she tried it, and that may work with just aloe and conditioner.

marobader
September 12th, 2012, 03:09 PM

Thank you very much I hope I can find these treatment in Egypt &
I tried SMT once It did not work very well or maybe I expected too much :)

marobader
September 12th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I'm not totally sure if an SMT would be beneficial, because she lives in a desert climate. I think she would definitely have to leave out the honey if she tried it, and that may work with just aloe and conditioner.
I tried SMT once & it did't work very well maybe because of the honey I don't know why honey don't work with desert climate ?!!but I was using it for hair lighting for while

DinaAG
September 12th, 2012, 03:25 PM
hello dear I am from Egypt too, you can find chi keratin mist also there are many vitamin supplements in the pharmacies, you made some change with you diet?

DreadfulWoman
September 12th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Hey, just wanted to chime in here, since I am living in a desert climate as well.

The reason honey is iffy is because it is a humectant. Humectants pull moisture in in more humid climates, but in dry climates they can actually cause your hair to lose moisture. I just wanted to mention that I have no problem with them in conditioners or deep treatments like SMTs (although I do mine with molasses), but I rinse them out very thoroughly when I'm done. I also avoid using leave-in conditioners, since they all seem to be pretty humectant-heavy.

marobader
September 14th, 2012, 01:55 PM
hello dear I am from Egypt too, you can find chi keratin mist also there are many vitamin supplements in the pharmacies, you made some change with you diet?

hello dina I was searching for chi product but I was not sure I should buy which one may be I should try these mist :) thank u

marobader
September 14th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Hey, just wanted to chime in here, since I am living in a desert climate as well.

The reason honey is iffy is because it is a humectant. Humectants pull moisture in in more humid climates, but in dry climates they can actually cause your hair to lose moisture. I just wanted to mention that I have no problem with them in conditioners or deep treatments like SMTs (although I do mine with molasses), but I rinse them out very thoroughly when I'm done. I also avoid using leave-in conditioners, since they all seem to be pretty humectant-heavy.
thank you very much for the info :)