PDA

View Full Version : My Mumma went natural!

CurlyCurves
September 5th, 2012, 08:47 AM
My Mum went natural! I'm so proud of her. I meant to post this thread weeks ago, but didn't get around to it.

I have also been inspiring various curly people around me to stop straightening and go natural :)

My Mum is now back in extenstions (booo :(), but she has vowed to keep them in for less time and stay comitted to being natural in the near future.

I typed her as 3c/4a/f/i. Those little sausage curls are actually twists that have coiled themselves into teeny, tiny ringlets! My Mum has such beautiful hair.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/304735_4404114301421_241054191_n.jpg

:)

Peggy E.
September 5th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Your mother does have beautiful hair - obvious from whom you have obtained your own fabulous locks!

Hope your mother will go off the extensions, but remember, it is her decision to make, no matter how much you wish otherwise for her and her hair.

Maybe she needs to become accustomed to seeing herself with her natural hair, and this will take a while if she has been devoted to extensions for some time now.

Encourage her gently, but let her make her own decisions - regardless the fact they may not be the best for her. After all, she's a mother and we mothers sometimes think we know what we're doing when our children are absolutely sure we are totally confused! ;o)

Dovetail
September 5th, 2012, 09:43 AM
^-^ I love your mommas little curls, they're adorable. I agree with peggy :p baby steps! Maybe she can get extensions which are curly as a sort of transition. I know sometimes when you're so used to seeing yourself one way it is hard to see yourself in another (for instance people who loose weight but still wear/buy larger clothes) I'm sure we're all very excited to see how her hair develops though! If she wants to share in the future that is. :beerchug:

MinderMutsig
September 5th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Those tiny ringlets are gorgeous, so shiny!

CurlyCurves
September 5th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Your mother does have beautiful hair - obvious from whom you have obtained your own fabulous locks!

Hope your mother will go off the extensions, but remember, it is her decision to make, no matter how much you wish otherwise for her and her hair.

Maybe she needs to become accustomed to seeing herself with her natural hair, and this will take a while if she has been devoted to extensions for some time now.

Encourage her gently, but let her make her own decisions - regardless the fact they may not be the best for her. After all, she's a mother and we mothers sometimes think we know what we're doing when our children are absolutely sure we are totally confused! ;o)

Thank you!

The only reason I worry about it is because I believe her hair has thinned out due to the extensions (traction alopecia?), she, like me, doesn't have very thick hair, but I believe it could be thicker. When I first went natural, I'm sure my hair was i/ii, and now it's more ii.

The main reason she put it back in extensions is because she feels insecure with the thiness of it, but I don't think they're helping. She has fine hair like me, and it's probably too fragile to handle the extensions. Her hair may never thicken up if she doesn't stop :(

I don't pressure her, though, just encourage her :) I remind her that it will look bigger and thicker the longer it gets.

^-^ I love your mommas little curls, they're adorable. I agree with peggy :p baby steps! Maybe she can get extensions which are curly as a sort of transition. I know sometimes when you're so used to seeing yourself one way it is hard to see yourself in another (for instance people who loose weight but still wear/buy larger clothes) I'm sure we're all very excited to see how her hair develops though! If she wants to share in the future that is. :beerchug:

Thank you, aren't they just!

I will keep everyone updated ^_^

Those tiny ringlets are gorgeous, so shiny!

I know, right?! Thank you, I will pass on the kind words :)

maborosi
September 5th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Wow, she has got such shiny hair! I love her curls, too! They look great!

Congrats! My mom is reluctant to do anything to her hair that I suggest, since...uh...well, I don't know why, but trying to get her to do the things I do to my hair is just about impossible, lol.

~maborosi~

CurlyCurves
September 5th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Wow, she has got such shiny hair! I love her curls, too! They look great!

Congrats! My mom is reluctant to do anything to her hair that I suggest, since...uh...well, I don't know why, but trying to get her to do the things I do to my hair is just about impossible, lol.

~maborosi~

Thank you :D

And, it's okay, I understand your frustrations. Most people think it's a lot of work that we put into our hair. I guess we do, because we're careful, but it's worth it if you want healthy, beautiful hair!

Cafe au Lait
September 5th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Oh my gosh, good for her!! And those ringlets are beautiful!

gnome82
September 5th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Your Mum's hair is so beautiful, especially her ringlets :)

LisaB234
September 5th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I love your mom's super pretty curls! Good for you for encouraging her to go natural!

FrozenBritannia
September 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM
The tiny ringlettes are so pretty!!

Helix
September 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Well, now we know who you get those super shiny ringlets from :)

misspurdy06
September 5th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Wow! So shiny and rich! Does she dye it?

Mountaingrrl
September 5th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Good for your mom! Her natural texture is very pretty.

CurlyCurves
September 10th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Oh my gosh, good for her!! And those ringlets are beautiful!

Thank you!

Your Mum's hair is so beautiful, especially her ringlets :)

Thank you :)

I love your mom's super pretty curls! Good for you for encouraging her to go natural!

Thank you! I was so happy when she told me!

The tiny ringlettes are so pretty!!

Aren't they just? :D

Well, now we know who you get those super shiny ringlets from :)

I know, right?! Thanks hun :)

Wow! So shiny and rich! Does she dye it?

She used to! But this is her natural colour. I think she hennad it recently though. Her grays went a cool gold colour :D

Good for your mom! Her natural texture is very pretty.

Thank you!