PDA

View Full Version : thicker hair?

twoLs118
September 5th, 2012, 08:19 AM
is there a way to make your hair thicker? other than not being the length i want, the thickness is the only thing i dont like about my hair

Madora
September 5th, 2012, 08:36 AM
No. Whatever amount of follicles you were born with, that's all the hair you're going to have.

You can give the illusion of thicker hair by blunt cutting across the bottom.

Henna is supposed to make your hair appear thicker also..but be wary..henna is permanent.

Vampyria
September 5th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I also don't think thickness can be changed a lot, if your hair is naturally like this. Was your hair thicker when you were younger or did it decreased due to the shedding? Or maybe, if you have vitamin B deficiency, taking supplements could give you some increase. I doesn't hurt to try.

I increased my thickness a lot with supplements (and stopped dyeing my hair), but I've always had thicker hair, that became thinner due to dyeing and increased shedding (hormonal).

Bagginslover
September 5th, 2012, 08:51 AM
You could try Cassia maybe? It won't actually make your hair thoucker, but it will act like henna, without colouring your hair, and make it appear and feel thicker.

lapushka
September 5th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Like Madora already said: no. Unless, you don't have the thickness you once had because of health issues, your diet you can always improve. But when you have no deficiencies and everything's all right, then: no.

I have F hair and henna is one thing that makes your strands stronger and individually thicker, thereby increasing your circumference *somewhat* (which is what I experienced back when I still used to henna), but henna isn't something you just jump into. It's very red, and *very* permanent!

twoLs118
September 5th, 2012, 10:29 AM
thanks for the responses!

what is cassia? i dont want to do something as permanent as henna but i would consider something not so permanent!

filthygorgeous
September 5th, 2012, 11:53 AM
take biotin.

maborosi
September 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM

what is cassia? i dont want to do something as permanent as henna but i would consider something not so permanent!

Cassia is kind of like henna, but its effects are less permanent and it doesn't color the hair unless your hair is light enough to show it. If your hair is pale blonde, it will color it a slightly warmer blonde color.

Can thickness be changed? No, unless you've been doing something really damaging to your hair and it's not in its natural state. I did this for years. For a while my hair was so thin and fine and I assumed that was my natural texture, but after taking really good care of my hair and not doing nasty things to it, it's growing it much thicker than I remember. I was bleaching, straightening, and using a lot of damaging products on it, though.

I also henna, which helps.

~maborosi~

Madora
September 5th, 2012, 12:36 PM

Here is a link re: cassia:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=406

Be sure to read the FAQs provided therein too!

arielįgua
September 5th, 2012, 12:59 PM
What about scalp massages? I heard good things about it.
Basically they incite blood flow to your follicles, if you're experiencing shedding it might be a good idea to try. Hurt it won't.

twoLs118
September 5th, 2012, 05:56 PM
thank you for all the info!!

akilina
September 5th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Maybe start doing scalp massages with castor oil. Castor oil has been helping my hair out a ton. Growth and new growth.
I just started using rooibos on my scalp too in a spray bottle. Many report it made their hair grow quicker and more new growth came in.
This is only day 2 so I don't have much to report of :/
Also, some report that monistat has also helped their hair grow back in.
You can't really make your strands thicker. You can help along new growth though and it will add to the mass which is your hair :)

Othala
September 5th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Only if your hair is thinning and the condition is reversible. Otherwise, no.

spookyghost
September 5th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I used to use Mira hair oil and my hair felt and looked thicker. I loved the way it flowed down my back and I have fine hair. I have no idea if it was an illusion or what but the people I worked with notice it was thicker. But I dont use it anymore. Way too expensive-4oz $85.00 and once you stop using it your hair goes back to the way it was.

Oh I forgot, sorry its been a while since I used it, my hair just about stopped shedding. So more hair on my head is probably why my hair was thicker. It was unrealistic of me to think that I was going to fork out that much money for the rest of my life to get longer thicker hair. I also forgot that my hair grew about 2 1/2 inches in six weeks. I know many people wont believe me but that was my experience with it.