PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

bnessa93
September 5th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Hi!

I need some help on the condition of my hair.

Some background info: I've always had short hair up until i was 11 when it grew down to my butt. Had it cut up to shoulder length when I was 13. Then grew back to butt length. Recently cut my hair into a V-shape. Never used curlers/straighteners/blowdryers in my life. Coloured my hair 3 times in my life. And thats it.

So heres the problem - everytime i wash my hair, at the ends pieces of hair come off. So I tip my hair over my face and wash it, then i see strands significantly longer, I pull the and they come out - sometimes I dont even need to pull. Its been happening since I cut my hair when I was 13.

Any help or ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it? Also my hair was so thick, now my thickness is 1/3 of what it used to be :(

Thank you for reading this :D

Allychan
September 5th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Hair dye could be causing the snapping, don't underestimate the damage that stuff does to your hair even if the box claims it is full of healthy ingredients to help strengthen your hair. In truth it damages then the 'special ingredients' try and mend the damage the dyes just inflicted on your hair.

As for the hair easily coming out of your scalp, I don't know of that condition but here's my 2c. Read up on Henna and Indian head massage. Henna is an astringent that helps your follicles grasp onto those hair shafts tighter. Massaging your scalp and Indian hair pulling will help strengthen those follicles too and increase circulation.

Hope that is of some help

IndigoOptimist
September 5th, 2012, 06:19 AM
It sounds to me like you have really damaged hair, but I can't really see much reason as to why from the info that you've given ;) It may be down to diet. Is your hair dry? Maybe your hair just couldn't stand being dyed, even if it was only three times :/

bnessa93
September 5th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Hey

Im 18 and this has started since I was 13. And I dyed my hair first time at the age of 17. So I dont think it was the dye.

Ooo I'll try those techniques

Thank you

afu
September 5th, 2012, 06:23 AM
it sounds like whatever you dyed it with didn't agree with your hair or scalp. I agree with scalp massage, try to do some scalp massage with oil (natural not mineral) before bed

bnessa93
September 5th, 2012, 06:25 AM
It sounds to me like you have really damaged hair, but I can't really see much reason as to why from the info that you've given ;) It may be down to diet. Is your hair dry? Maybe your hair just couldn't stand being dyed, even if it was only three times :/
Its not dry as such. Its silky and straight.
I've been taking biotin pills and brewers yeast for a while, its helped my appetite and less hair has fallen out but its still falling.

DinaAG
September 5th, 2012, 07:00 AM
protein treatment dear

Madora
September 5th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Perhaps a blood panel workup might be in order (to rule out anemia). Also, be sure you are eating a healthy diet with plenty of protein.

teal
September 5th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Don't forget that the ends of your hair are a few years old... whatever you ate or drank (or didn't) and hormones would have affected your hair.

spidermom
September 5th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I think all hair has some breakage. Even with the best care, damaging things can happen - like loose hair being snapped up by the seatbelt mechanism, caught under purse straps, etc.

It's normal to shed hairs every single day, up to 100. Maybe you started noticing that for the first time after you cut your hair. Unless you're losing hair by the handfuls, it's normal.