View Full Version : Had my first micro-trim today and got stretched out length measurment

Bookloverlori
September 4th, 2012, 09:12 PM
First hair cut since mid-December. My ends were very uneven since I'm growing out a wedge cut. I asked her beforehand if she could do a micro-trim, evening out as much as she could but not taking any more than 1/4 inch off anywhere. She used to have WL hair so she totally got it.

She said my curl pattern was good and my hair was in overall good shape. She asked me if I colored my hair and I said I did. She said it was a good job and my hair was in great shape, but told me I should stop coloring it because it will dry my hair out. I didn't have it in me to tell her it's Henna. We all know how most hair dressers feel about that.

And the saddest, saddest part... SHRINKAGE! She measured my hair while it was straight and wet. It was BSL and 25 inches long. :( In real life, after drying, it's 19.5 and not yet APL.

I'm hoping for APL by Christmas!!! I need a couple more inches to get there. Crossing fingers!

MeowScat
September 5th, 2012, 03:22 AM
It's great that you found someone you can trust with a pair of scissors. :)

If she said your hair is in great shape then continue what you're doing. Try not to worry about the shrinkage, you do have the length, its just hiding a bit. Its like your own secret. Curls are a beautiful thing, I've tried dozens of perms and they never hold even when my hair was short and layered.

Think of it this way, you can get straight hair if you want, I can never be curly. Fooey.

I hope you reach your goal by Christmas. Tell Santa you were a good girl this year even if you weren't. :D

Henrietta
September 5th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Wow. You actually convinced a hairdresser to measure your hair? That's so cool! I bet most stylists here would physically do *ROTFL* at me.
It's good that you've found someone you can trust when it comes to cutting your hair :)