PDA

View Full Version : Hair anniversary with pics (hopefully!)

Mopolop
September 4th, 2012, 03:26 PM
My hair journey started when I went for a holiday in scotland. I was travelling from hostel to hostel and couldn't be bothered to bring my straighteners or hairdryer - I barely had space in my suitcase for all the clothes I wanted! It was then I discovered I COULD live without my straighteners, that I didn't mind my curly hair. I liked being able to walk in the rain without worrying my hair would poof up.

I still have a lot to learn - I'm not good at updos and I haven't settled on a hair routine that I'm happy with yet (tried CO, sulphate free, regular oiling, cone free, now cone head, next poo bars!) but am happy experimenting.

Pictures!

Sept 2011

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x249/runnergeek/IMG_53481-1.jpg

January 2012

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x249/runnergeek/2012-01-01004409-1.jpg

April 2012

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x249/runnergeek/2012-04-09204909-1.jpg

Mid-August (close enough to today!) 2012

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x249/runnergeek/2012-08-22230949-1-1.jpg

My hair is looking very dry in the last shot, I think there was a fair amount of buildup. There is also a fair amount of straightening damage. Not quite at BSL dry, the curls sometimes make it shrink back up to APL. :rolleyes:

I hopefully will do some travelling this year, so I plan to get a final trim/chop in November, and then leave my hair in updos until June. :)

Happy growing everyone!

IvanaGil
September 4th, 2012, 03:27 PM
You're curls are absolutely gorgeous! I'm so jealous lol. And congrats, that's some impressive growth :D

Shepherdess
September 4th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Wow, nice growth and you have lovely curls! ! ! :)

einna
September 4th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Love your curls! Happy anniversary and good luck growing :)

Bianca
September 4th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Cute curls and great progress :D

Tota
September 4th, 2012, 03:37 PM
You have my dream hair. Amazing!

kitschy
September 4th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Beautiful hair. I love the color and curls!

I'm also jealous. I've always wanted to travel around Scotland.

Mopolop
September 4th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I'm also jealous. I've always wanted to travel around Scotland.

It was more to prove to myself (and my mum) that I could travel by myself and organise a holiday, but I didn't realise how beautiful Scotland is. I've always wanted to go to America though, I'm on a teeny tiny island while you have so many places to visit!

Thank you for the kind compliments! I will try and remember them next time I get the urge to straighten my hair. :)

Mopolop
September 4th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Although, from the profile pictures I can see, you all have wonderful hair :flower:

jacqueline101
September 4th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Your hair has made great progress and is lovely.

vanillabones
September 4th, 2012, 04:09 PM
It looks BSL to me!! I love your curls. Great job growing. Such a pretty color you've got too.

lapushka
September 4th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Congrats! You have the most amazing curly hair, I love it! :D

Mopolop
September 4th, 2012, 04:25 PM
It looks BSL to me!!

It is so CLOSE to being BSL. When I checked just now, it's an inch short, but when wet it is definitely past BSL. However I'm happy to maintain at this length, at least until the damage has grown out.

I'm amazed at the comments I'm getting, I was thinking of dying my hair for a long time, and straightened it for yeears. It's so nice to hear people say they LIKE my natural (slightly frizzy :P) hair. :) :) :) Thank you!

And I promise to take better quality pictures for my next hair anniversary :o

ozzy
September 4th, 2012, 04:39 PM
great progress!! well done :)

BrightEyes
September 4th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! I love your curls. You've had a lot of growth too.
Congrats:)

afu
September 4th, 2012, 05:34 PM
wow, what beautiful hair :)

MissCoco
September 4th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Happy hair anniversary, congrats! :D Your curls are beautiful and lovely, it's great that you've learned to embrace them (I've had to do that too, and boy, that takes some time)! Ah, and who cares about the frizz- I think it's nice when the hair is in its natural, frizzy, dry state sometimes; nice and fluffy and bouncy that way :p Anyway, keep up the good work! BSL is a great length to be at!

Miss Maisie
September 4th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Beautiful hair, and SO MUCH GROWTH!! Congratulations!

dwell_in_safety
September 4th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Gorgeous hair! Benign neglect is definitely a huge perk when traveling. :D

Falcore
September 4th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Stunning! You'll be at bsl before you know it :)

SandyStar
September 4th, 2012, 09:48 PM
OMGosh, your hair is stunning! Lovely golden curls!

meishkamooshka
September 4th, 2012, 10:02 PM
You're curls are absolutely gorgeous! I'm so jealous lol. And congrats, that's some impressive growth :D

THIS!!!!!!!

joflakes
September 5th, 2012, 01:23 AM
My goodness, that's such pretty hair! You should be proud! :D

oktobergoud
September 5th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Amazing curls! :D It looks lovely :)

Colourful
September 5th, 2012, 02:12 AM
You have such beautiful hair! Definitely my sister's dream hair.

Great progress and congratulations on anniversary! :)

Henrietta
September 5th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Your hair is lovely! I like the curls and the beautiful golden-honey blonde colour.
Spending a weekend near a lake without blow dryer also made me realise that I don't need it at all! :) It was... uhm... 5 years ago, and I've been heat-free since then. Heavens bless the small travelling bags! :D

KittyBird
September 5th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Such gorgeous curls, I'm a bit jealous! Congratulations on your hair anniversary :blossom: