PDA

View Full Version : Two Years Since The Big Chop! Curly hair DOES grow back!

CurlyCap
September 4th, 2012, 03:22 PM
LOL.

Two years ago I went into the bathroom and cut off all my hair. :D Then I decided that, if I was going to go short, I was going to revel in it. So in September 2010, I went and got a pixie...completely buzzed in the back. :p

The first year was rough. After about six months of loving my pixie, it finally hit me how long it would take for my hair to grow back. And after a lifetime of having long hair, years just seemed like....too long. Midnight googling brought me to LHC, and since then I've had a place to ask questions, cry about my hair, and learn lots of new tool and techniques. I can honestly say my hair has never been healthier.

I remember last year, fighting with my hair and thinking that the 2nd year mark would never come. September felt too far away. And what do you know. Two years is here. :happydance:

Anyway, wanted to post a Hair-versary thread, to remind any curlies out there that our hair grows too, slow as it may seem!

Hugs LHC. Thanks so much for the encouragement and suggestions!!

The pixie (September 2010):
http://i.imgur.com/CiHfB.jpg

One year later (Two cuts to tame the pixie-growing-out-doom):
http://i.imgur.com/pwwpH.jpg http://i.imgur.com/i2Ia8.jpg

A rare straightening in March of 2012 (One inch trim to remove the last unwanted pixie-layer)
http://i.imgur.com/q3p4a.jpg

And today! (One micro-trim this year with my new nifty scissors. BSL-stretched!)
http://i.imgur.com/Yc2G6.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/RXkJT.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/T4WaA.jpg

(And yes, I do still take all my hair pictures in lab. It keeps me sane!)

Mopolop
September 4th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Your hair is so big and curly, it's wonderful! :D It looks really healthy. Congrats on your growth. :)

hermosamendoza
September 4th, 2012, 03:41 PM
beautiful hair! that's a lot of progress....how i wish I had curlsssss lol

kitschy
September 4th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful. Two years turns out to be not that much time.

fridgee
September 4th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous CurlyCap! I really like the shape at the back. And pixie to BSL in two years in fantastic growth, even if it does sproing up like crazy!

jacqueline101
September 4th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Your hair is gone.

ratgirldjh
September 4th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Looks great! Love your hair! :)

einna
September 4th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Looks great! Congrats! :D

spirals
September 4th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Wow--that's a lot of growth. I love your curls.

maborosi
September 4th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Very awesome growth! I just love your curls! :)
Congratulations!

~maborosi~

BrightEyes
September 4th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Your hair is beautiful, I love your curls:)

tambalina
September 4th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Beautiful growth!! It's gorgeous!!

HylianGirl
September 4th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Wow, your hair grew a lot in two years! Also it is very pretty, you curls are great ^-^

lapushka
September 4th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Congratulations, and OMG look at the back, those curls fall perfectly into shape! :thumbsup:

spookyghost
September 4th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I love your hair-its just gorgous!:D

brave
September 4th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Your hair is so lovely and healthy looking! Amazing how much growth you've had.

Tisiloves
September 4th, 2012, 04:49 PM
:thud: so pretty.

Delila
September 4th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Way to go! Patience does pay off. Good job getting rid of layers, I remember that pain well.

Macaroni
September 4th, 2012, 05:31 PM
You look even cuter with curly hair. I wish I had dimples.

Velvet Dreamer
September 4th, 2012, 05:34 PM
It looks so healthy and fabulous! And I love your curls, they're so cute, omg.

RapunzelKat
September 4th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Such lovely curls! Well worth your time and patience, your hair is just beautiful! :thumbsup:
Now if only I could teach my hair to curl... :p

Helix
September 4th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Gorgeous hair! It has come a long way from that pixie.

Yozhik
September 4th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Happy anniversary at LHC and happy hair growing! :flowers:

You've gained a tremendous amount of length in two years, and those curls look wonderful!

Vanilla
September 4th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Happy 2 year anniversary :). Your hair has grown so much!

Demi-Plum
September 4th, 2012, 08:27 PM
It looks amazing straight and curly! Very thick and luscious~! I think you also look good with the pixie too, but I'm on the LHC for a reason >w< and it's one of the letters in the title haha. I will always love long hair best personally~

Falcore
September 4th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I LOVE your curls!

midbackorbust
September 4th, 2012, 09:42 PM
You've got lovely hair!

DayDreamerDani
September 4th, 2012, 09:43 PM
HAPPY 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! Your hair looks beautiful! Its grown out really lovely. Congrats!

xoerincolleen
September 4th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Wow, it looks really great! :)

Also, love the picture in the background, haha!

SerinaDaith
September 4th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Great growth! You are an inspiration to me!

brownpaperbag
September 4th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Love the curls! <3

vanity_acefake
September 4th, 2012, 11:06 PM
That is amazing growth you have. You and your hair are fabulous.

ColoradoDreamer
September 4th, 2012, 11:27 PM
You hair is gorgeous!

EtherealDoll
September 5th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Happy anniversary!
That's a great progress! Your hair looks beautiful!

joflakes
September 5th, 2012, 12:52 AM
It looks lovely now, well done! :D

meishkamooshka
September 5th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Congratulations on the agonizing two years! I know how you feel (I cut my hair from hip to shoulder almost two years ago), though I imagine it's even more difficult for a curly! If I may say, at least you have beautiful, healthy, and voluminous curls as a result of all your TLC! :thumbsup: :cheer: Way to go!

oktobergoud
September 5th, 2012, 02:11 AM
It looks amazing, lovely curls!

hellucy
September 5th, 2012, 03:07 AM
I love your curls... Your hair looks so healthy, you should be proud of the results of all the TLC lavished on your hair.

Theobroma
September 5th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Looking fantastic, CurlyCap!

Henrietta
September 5th, 2012, 06:14 AM
You have beautiful mane! :) Congratulations on growing it back to this point and have a happy further journey! Keep the attitude, too! I love the lab thing. I wanted to ask where did you take the pics and what are those cute colourful bottles, but now I know :D

browneyedsusan
September 5th, 2012, 06:29 AM
You have a beautiful smile and beautiful hair!

Thanks for sharing and giving me fresh motivation. :D

AutumnLocks
September 5th, 2012, 06:31 AM
I just love your full bouncy curls! I have paid lots of money to have curls like that!:D

PinkyCat
September 5th, 2012, 07:32 AM
You have the best smile on the planet! :D I bet everyone around you just adores you. Your hair looks amazing too!

twoLs118
September 5th, 2012, 08:13 AM
great progress!! love your curls!

CurlyCap
September 5th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Thank you for the kind compliements everyone! That sort of positive thinking is what has made the last two years bearable! Onward and forward!

And while I don't want to make a multi-quote post of doom, I just wanted to add:

1. It is still slightly layered. I don't mind and I like it. The layer is basically as if the styling took the last inch of hair and cut a 45 degree angle into it. It's left over from the pixie, but it helps the back fall much more nicely, so I kept it.

2. I told the person who made the background photo in my most recent pics that you liked The Giant Eye. She giggled...then giggled more at being posted on CurlyCap's "Hair Place". :pinktongue:

3. Yeah, I am starting to realize my hair grows kinda fast. Hopefully, I'll soon be able to ignore my hair enough that I can just do length checks every few months, and then appreciate the length gains more. Here's to year THREE on my way to long, long curls!