PDA

View Full Version : Color Oops Questions

Pixie0763
September 4th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I have semi-permanent color on my hair, and it isn't fading very nice. Can you give my your opinion/experiences with Color Oops. Is is damaging? Does it work very well?

hermosamendoza
September 4th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't use color oops. I did once and it destroyed my hair.
it eats through the old color and if not done correctly (or even corerctly at times) can eat through your hair. Have you tried using a clarifying shampoo or a clay shampoo to lift the color out first? It will be drying but not as bad or damaging as color oops

One hairstylist did it on my hair (a proffessional) and later another hair professional told me it eats through hair and that's why my hair broke off

Pixie0763
September 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Thank you! I'm glad I asked. Definitely don't want my hair breaking after spending the last year letting it grow out! Last time I used semi-permanent color (different shade), it faded back to my natural color after a while. I'll just try to suck it up and be patient.

akilina
September 4th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Color oops is NOT that bad...
It is all personal experience though. I have NEVER heard of it eating your hair off.
Some members leave it on their hair for 4 hours at a time, under a heat cap, and no, Their hair is definitely NOT eaten away. At all. It is in the exact same condition as when they started.
I would do a google search for "Color oops Long hair community" and you will find there are like 30 threads out there on color oops :)

Rufflebutt
September 4th, 2012, 06:41 PM
If you can avoid it, don't use color oops. Yes the fading is awkward, but coloroops is a pain and DOES damage your hair.

girlcat36
September 4th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I used 2 parts Prell shampoo to one part vitamin C powder to fade my semi permanent color. I put in on dry hair and let it sit for an hour. I did this probably four times, and will probably do it a couple more times. It took it from an ugly brassy orange brown to a more toned down golden blonde. I was afraid of using the Color Oops.

ETA---just wanted to add that my hair turned out blonde because my natural dark brown hair became bleached from the sun, and the brassiness was what was left of the semi permanent color.

jillosity
September 4th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I think ColorOops might be overkill for what you're describing, and I concur from experience that it is not damaging, unless of course your hair is in bad condition to start with, and let's be honest, permanent hair color is damaging! But for you, I doubt you'd need it, Vitamin C treatments work great, I used them to remove some semi color, really quick and easy.