PDA

View Full Version : Examining the varity my coarser hairs

julliams
September 4th, 2012, 06:45 AM
I was wondering if anyone else has texture like this. I have coarse hairs that are like one would expect - coarse all the way down and kind of twist and turn this was and that.

And then I have these hairs that seem to be thin and smooth, then will have some random zig zags, then continue on thin and smooth. If you pluck them out ( and I really do try not to) they do not seem to wave or curl in any way. They just hang straight. Anyone got these?

jojo
September 4th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Sounds just like my hair too! I'm noticing too the older I get I'm getting more and more course hairs. I've just found one that was like fishing line, strange!

Ambystoma
September 4th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Yup, I have a few rare C strands and they're pretty strange! They are darker in colour than all the rest (in low light they look almost black!)and the thickness seems to vary wildly the whole way down, so it looks like a bunch of the cuticle is missing or something but my normal hairs don't do this at all. My white hairs are C as well but they don't have the bizarre texture - I wonder what causes it?

brave
September 4th, 2012, 09:33 PM
I kinda have that going on. A lot of hairs will have a random kinky bit, or a strange curly bit, and then only gently wave the whole way down. Most of the coarser ones will just have a bump in the road. It's very weird.

piffyanne
September 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Oh my GOSH, this is me!

I get the weird, extra-spiraly black hairs in my otherwise blonette hair, and they're very confusing. They're exactly twice as thick as my normal hairs, feel a little rougher to the touch as you run your fingers down their length.

I found a couple on my shirt one day and was super confused, but figured I picked them up somewhere. Then I was running my fingers over the frizzies on my scalp, found an odd-feeling hair, plucked to see it, and if it wasn't for the obvious "pop" feeling, it could have been from someone else's head.

Alienhairs. :confused: