PDA

View Full Version : hood driers

moltabella
September 3rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Are these damaging to your hair?

What if they are used on a low or cool setting?

Is it anywhere near as bad as a blow drier?

akilina
September 3rd, 2012, 09:19 PM
I consider them much less damaging :)
I would LOVE to have one and re paint it and make it all cool. I know that it is not as damaging because you can turn it to only air flow, or very very low heat flow. The air is directed all over your whole head and a safe distance away as you can adjust it yourself.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 3rd, 2012, 10:14 PM
I always used to feel like my head was cooking in those things - I avoid them these days. But they might be ok.

ravenreed
September 3rd, 2012, 11:08 PM
When I was a kid, my grandmother had this weird hair dryer. It had a tube with a bonnet attached, coming out of a case looking thing. Looking back, I would love to find something like that for deep treatments or using Elumen dye that does better with heat...

I wonder how something like this (http://www.sallybeauty.com/Soft-Bonnet-Attachment/SBS-345929,default,pd.html) would work. My hair dryer has a low setting. I can't imagine it would do much damage to the hair on low.

BrownEyedBeauty
September 4th, 2012, 06:59 AM
I was forgotten under one of those so my experience with them is now negative.

They are probably just as damaging as a blow fryer if not worse since the heat is concentrated in a specific area of your hair. At least with a blow fryer, you can move it around so its not cooking one area of your hair.