PDA

View Full Version : 1 (promising) year anniversary(including photos)

alexandros22
September 3rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
So, it's been a year already since I joined LHC and it was an enjoyable one! A lot of personal victories for me. First of all, I learned a lot about haircare here. I had zero knowledge about haircare when I joined and now I know at least basics. But the biggest victory is that I haven't heard the phrase "get a haircut dude" for months now(I used to hear that a LOT)! That is probably because I'm over the awkward phase and also I wear it up all the time.

Now, to my hair, I didn't trim at all this year. It's been 13 months since the last one eventhough I was considering one all this time. I don't have split ends or any other damage yet and I kind of like the shape. I'm worried it will look too big if I cut it all one length.The question now is for how long should I go on without trimming?

Enough talking! Let's go to the pictures!

september 2011

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3773/1001849h.jpg

today..

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8550/sam0769h.jpg

Also I took one with it straightened (for the occasion) to see how long it actually is..

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8881/sam0685j.jpg

Sorry for the long post!

Xxanderia
September 3rd, 2012, 05:45 PM
It looks beautiful! You've come a such a long way! I can only hope I gain that much length in a year.
As for trimming, as long as you aren't noticing split ends or damage, I don't see a need to trim it if you're worried about it looking funny at the same length. The only time I ever trim mine is if I'm noticing excessive damage.

Congratulations again!

xdaniellex
September 3rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Wow, looking great! Love the curls :)

Tsopana
September 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Wow, that looks amazing! Has your hair changed colour, btw? It looks blonde in the first pic and reddish in the next ones! :P
I'd say trim only when you are not happy with your hemline or split ends!
Εχεις πολυ καλο μαλλι απο τη φυση σου παντως, αυτο φαινεται ;)

Falcore
September 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
What a thick full mane you have! Congrats on one year. I agree with Tsopana ^^^ only trim when you're not happy with hemline or if you have splits/yukky feeling ends :)

BlazingHeart
September 3rd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Very nice progress!

As far as trimming, if you're happy with your hemline/shape and don't have split ends, there's no reason to do it. I've gone over 2 years without a trim, but I have nigh indestructible hair - I was still getting loads of compliments at that point!

Redhead Rebel
September 3rd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Wow thats awesome, I hope my hair grows that much in a year. Nice colour and curls :applause. The hemline looks good, I only ever do S&D's, no trims/cuts for 17 months :)

lapushka
September 3rd, 2012, 06:26 PM
Congrats on your progress! :)

katfemme89
September 3rd, 2012, 06:29 PM
whoah you have awesome hair! good job!!!!!!

HairFaerie
September 3rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! Love the color. Congrats on your awesome growth!

Gumball
September 3rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
Stellar growth! Those wurls can definitely hide some extra length. It's great to check now and then. Records must be kept!

Winnie!
September 3rd, 2012, 07:45 PM
I LOVE the curls!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 3rd, 2012, 10:16 PM
Great hair, all is going well. No need to trim unless you feel the need to.

Yozhik
September 3rd, 2012, 10:39 PM
Beautiful hair, and great progress!

Count me in as one of those who loves your curls! :cloud9:

Chimom79
September 3rd, 2012, 10:58 PM
You've had fantastic growth! Congrats! It looks nice and healthy. :thumbsup:

alexandros22
September 4th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Thanks everybody!

Originally Posted by Tsopana (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=42477)
Wow, that looks amazing! Has your hair changed colour, btw? It looks blonde in the first pic and reddish in the next ones! :P
I'd say trim only when you are not happy with your hemline or split ends!
Εχεις πολυ καλο μαλλι απο τη φυση σου παντως, αυτο φαινεται ;)Ευχαριστώ! The colour didn't change, the camera did!

mckenzie
September 4th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Congrats! really nice & healthy looking!

DancingQueen
September 4th, 2012, 01:27 AM
That is some gorgeous hair you have there! I wish there were more long haired guys where I live. You only need to cut it if it looks damaged, and from what I can see, it looks just fine. If the ends start to look thin and scraggly, or start to split, you might want to cut. Otherwise, no need.

One question though: how did you manage to keep it healthy without trimming? Did you use some kind of oil, or do you have another secret trick?

joflakes
September 4th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Very nice hair, well done!

kouran
September 4th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Gorgeous hair Alexandros! :applause

jacqueline101
September 4th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Your hair is lovely.

Avital88
September 4th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Your hair is so beautiful,im glad you are growing it out.it doesnt look like your hair needs à trim yet,the ends look thick

pink.sara
September 4th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Awesome hair!

MaryO
September 4th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Awesome! Well done! Here's to many more happy years with LHC! :-)

browneyedsusan
September 4th, 2012, 05:45 AM
:cheese: It is beautiful! Great job!

alexandros22
September 4th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by DancingQueen (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=43230)
One question though: how did you manage to keep it healthy without trimming? Did you use some kind of oil, or do you have another secret trick?
I don't do anything special to it. Maybe I have enduring hair.

DancingQueen
September 4th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I don't do anything special to it. Maybe I have enduring hair.

Well, consider me jealous. :) But keep it up, it looks great.

MORE
September 4th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Your hair is beautiful! I love your curl pattern and thickness, absolutely stunning.

CarpeDM
September 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Your hair is beautiful! I love your curl pattern and thickness, absolutely stunning.

I totally agree, but I would also add the color is amazing :)

Mischamiu
September 7th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Your hair is really pretty :blossom:

OrganicJewel
September 7th, 2012, 08:15 AM
great growth, I heart your curls :blossom:

cutiepie11
September 7th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Lovely! Beautiful colour and curls :)

sisi33
September 7th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Can't believe that no one's used one of these yet (defiantly applies)

:thud:

alexandros22
September 7th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks everybody for you comments! I finally gave in and got a trim. As usually the hairdresser cut more than I asked (I asked 0,5" she cut 1"). My hair does feel somewhat better but I don't know if it was worth it since it was not damaged before. I think that from now on I will learn how to trim it myself and I won't visit a salon again. Just microtrims every 3-4 months. Here's a picture after the trim.
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2512/sam0772t.jpg