PDA

View Full Version : I went even shorter...

Beckstar
September 3rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
http://public.fotki.com/Beck-star/my-first-album/0903021552.html#media
http://public.fotki.com/Beck-star/my-first-album/0903021553a.html
I cut my long hair to shoulder on Mother's Day and then bobbed and been going gradually shorter.

http://public.fotki.com/Beck-star/christmas-2011/0903011313.html
before...

I've done most of the cutting myself and just had the bob trimmed by a hairdresser.
I got out the clippers and trimmed the nape on a 3 guard and did the rest with scissors.

You know what? I don't miss it or regret it! I'm having fun with short hair.

browneyedsusan
September 3rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
atta-girl!!!:cheese:

It looks great! I always really liked my short hair too! I felt super feminine, like Halle Berry, and it never got in my face.

Have fun with it!:D

missketi
September 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
I like your new hair. It looks great!:thumbsup:

kpzra
September 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
I think it looks great. I tend to do the same thing. I get sick of long hair and chop it off to ~jaw length and then grow it out and repeat the cycle. :D

lapushka
September 3rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
OMG, looking at the before pics especially, it breaks my heart you going so short. It's so gorgeous long with the curls. But anyway, as long as you love it, that's the most important thing! :thumbsup:

akilina
September 3rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
Thats awesome that you are happy with it!! :D
I am jealous. I want to cut all my hair off so badly but my BF basically forbids it haha...I'm okay with it though. Hes helping me unintentionally.
Hopefully you'll still stick around here :) :flower: are you still growing?

CurlyCap
September 3rd, 2012, 03:46 PM
Lol. I had this exact same pixie!

It's a ton of fun and sooooooo easy to take care of! Enjoy it! I especially loved rubbing the buzzed part at the back of my neck...

Garnet66
September 3rd, 2012, 04:02 PM
Your new haircut looks so great! I love that type of hairstyle. It looks so cute on you.

Mesmerise
September 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
Glad you like it! Sometimes I miss short hair... but then I remember why I'm growing it ;) I've never quite achieved "long" hair because of the eventual lure of the short, every time my hair gets somewhere closer to being actually long!!

So yeah... WILL NOT CUT!!! (Hahaha... sometimes I just feel so much like starting over :rolleyes:).

Lol. I had this exact same pixie!

It's a ton of fun and sooooooo easy to take care of! Enjoy it! I especially loved rubbing the buzzed part at the back of my neck...

Oooh yes, I love that buzzed part too! I fluff my boys' heads when they get theirs clipped. I used to do it to my dad when I was a kid too!

Beckstar
September 3rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
The best thing I did was to graduately go shorter instead of all at once. And to do the cutting myself. That way I'm in control and I know that the cut will look good and be what I want.

spidermom
September 3rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
If you are happy with it, I am happy for you.

I really love the "before" picture, though.

mrs_coffee
September 3rd, 2012, 05:12 PM
That is adorable. I love it.

Cowgirl16
September 3rd, 2012, 05:17 PM
I'm with Spidermom on this one. Your hair was so pretty in the before; but...it's your hair and your happy! :)

Unicorn
September 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
I loved the long version, but the short version is gorgeous too.

Unicorn

jojo
September 3rd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Oh my that's a huge cut, I love long hair that's why I grow it, but your hair isn't mine and as long as your happy that's all that counts, good for you !

onlyforhim
September 4th, 2012, 06:41 AM
I love long hair :( and your hair looked amazing long. But if you really like shir hair then i am happy u r happy with it :)

Macaroni
September 4th, 2012, 08:13 AM
I can't fault you, it looks terrific.

twoLs118
September 4th, 2012, 09:28 AM
OMG!! i cant believe the difference!! glad your happy with short hair! it looks good!

CarpeDM
September 4th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Love your short hair, it looks so much lighter!

kitschy
September 4th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I love your long curly hair. I guess I'm biased.

SlipJig
September 4th, 2012, 01:00 PM
You look great either way; it's as simple as that!
Might as well have fun with your hair and change it up when you feel like it.

Henrietta
September 4th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Your cut has a perfect shape! Good job on that bob. Enjoy your short hair! :)

MelH
September 4th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I have a daily tug to cut my hair and it is curly as well. I ***LOVE*** your hair long, it is beautiful in color and texture. That is what I hope mine will look like when longer. Although, I also know how much work curly hair is, thus the pull to cut. I say, whatever makes you happy inside. Do that! The short do is cute too. Love the curls!

RapunzelKat
September 4th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Looks great! :thumbsup: Short hair is fun - my favorite part was being able to bleach and dye it to your heart's content and not have to worry about damage :D Mine changed color about every six weeks when it was short :lol:

Have fun! :D