PDA

View Full Version : So sad what I did to my hair

whichypoohs
September 2nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
I had lovely hair when it was hennaed and I can't help noticing that everyone who do henna have vastly improved hair, both in thickness and condition. I, stupidly, allowed the hairdresser ( an expensive one) to strip my hair and put highlights in. I was HORRIFIED that my hair was breaking off and the colour is horrible, bland and dead.

My hair's now kept "up" and is smoothered with coconut oil. I've got some Cassia and am waiting for my Jamila so that I can add that for a strawberry blonde. I feel really annoyed with myself.
:(
Bleach KILLS.

spidermom
September 2nd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Ha! Yes, for some of us, bleach does indeed kill.

ddiana1979
September 2nd, 2012, 12:45 PM
I'm so sorry. That sounds just horrible. Hopefully the coconut and cassia will help mitigate the damage.

EtherealDoll
September 2nd, 2012, 01:03 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope your hair will get better. Pamper it a lot!

DinaAG
September 2nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
i had that bleaching problem actually it was the first time in my life to do it "and will never do it again" what is helping me is protein protein protein, use more than a kind and specially focused on the highlights itself also balance it with good moisturizing and deep oil treatment for me i made an oil mix of many many oils, best of luck xoxo

vanillabones
September 2nd, 2012, 03:48 PM
Awww that's awful, I'm sorry. Let us know how the cassia treatment goes, please share what you do to help your hair.

jojo
September 3rd, 2012, 01:31 PM
Yes unfortunately all hair is delicate and bleach is not. However why not join the giving up bleach thread and get some hints on how they deal with this problem. Your hair will most certainly need the protein, which the bleach has taken out, put back in. APhogee 2 step is an amazing protein treatment and you would really see a difference, remember too always follow a protein treatment with a good moisturising one.

Unfortunately damage when done to the hair, is damage until it is trimmed out but you can however make the best of what you have by the correct treatment. Regular small trims will help get rid of it slowly and surely too.

coffinhert
September 5th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I learned this the hard way too, stripping my hair destroyed it.

In the beginning I did masks with mixtures of yogurt, avocado mash, coconut oil, olive oil, conditioner, honey... not all at the same time though! Use common sense.

Use a little coconut oil as a leave-in after each shower. Maybe try CO if possible.

Also I frequently do a heavy oiling overnight, then CO it out. This seems to help.

Also lots and lots of henna, cassia, and indigo, and a year and a half of growing, and my hair finally seems normal again. Hang in there. Henna, cassia and indigo really do rescue it.