PDA

View Full Version : How to keep your hair from falling in your face when it's down?

Sieren
September 1st, 2012, 05:07 PM
Yeah, basically what the title says. ;-)

I have about BSL length, very thick, slightly wavy (but not in a controlled wavy way, more like its just not straight and likes to do its own thing LOL) hair. I like wearing it down best because wearing it up for any length of time tends to get uncomfortable, but whenever I'm doing something where I have to look down, it all flops across my face! I also have side-swept bangs that are just below chin-length at the shortest--I'm growing them longer so they'll stay back better but I need bangs to cover my hiiiiiigh forehead.

Any ideas for things I can do to prevent this, but still keep it down? So far, I've found that hippie headbands work pretty well (like the kind that goes around your forehead). Thanks lovlies!
:blossom:

Madora
September 1st, 2012, 05:17 PM
Some kind of clip..like the Goody ouchless barrette. Or braiding it (if that's an option).

spirals
September 1st, 2012, 05:22 PM
I have this problem. My shortest layer is now at chin. And my hair has always wanted to fall forward--always. Until that layer is long enough to stay behind my shoulders, I'll do scarves or half-ups, or small combs. I really like the combs. I most often wear the brown ones that match my hair. They look better than hairpins and pull less than barettes or clips do. I also like to do a braid on each side and hold in back with a tiny ponytailer.

Rain76
September 1st, 2012, 05:33 PM
I have this problem as well. I had some long layers put in last year to frame my face & I like to wear it down now. It always falls in my face & I can't stand it! I end up putting it up out of frustration, but it does look better down. The problem seems to be that my hair is baby fine. That is something I just have to live with, I guess.

rtree721
September 1st, 2012, 05:39 PM
I recommend bobby pins or tiny claw clips. You pin back pieces of your bangs or clip back the front of your hair.