PDA

View Full Version : What kind of bangs should I get? *pic heavy*

Schrei777
August 31st, 2012, 10:53 PM
So my whole life I have always had side swept bangs, or no bangs at all. I'm really bored with it and have always wanted to try actual bangs. I'm trying to decide what kind to get, blunt? choppy? other? lol.

Here is my sad, sad...sad attempt to see what I'd look like with actual bangs (sorry for the awful quality, this is what you get when your parents have your camera and it midnight and you're taking pictures with an iPhone in a room with horrible lighting).

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab291/jrmlover7/photo3.jpg

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab291/jrmlover7/photo5.jpg

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab291/jrmlover7/photo7-1.jpg

Here's what it looks like now when there not swept to the side:

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab291/jrmlover7/bangs3-1.jpg

I know it's not much to go on, maybe tomorrow I can take better reference pics when there's actually light in my room. But if anyone could give me suggestions on what type of bangs I should get or even show me pictures that would be great.
Or if you think I should stick with side swept bangs like in my sig and profile picture.

Artisticat
August 31st, 2012, 11:09 PM
I think you look very pretty and innocent with the bangs in pic #3 the fullest bangs)!
But you can honestly wear all well.

Schrei777
August 31st, 2012, 11:15 PM
I think you look very pretty and innocent with the bangs in pic #3 the fullest bangs)!
But you can honestly wear all well.

Thankyou :D. I might be leaning toward something like that too. It's so hard to find a picture of the bangs that I am picturing in my head for myself lol.

MeowScat
September 1st, 2012, 01:55 AM
I love your side swept bangs but the blunt ones are great too. Hmmm.

Have you tried a search for bangs on Google Images?

I have blunt bangs and I can still sweep them to the side a little if I part them just right. I've grown them out and re-cut them dozens of times. The best way I found is to trim a teeny tiny bit, live with them a few days, trying different styles. If I wasn't pleased, I did another tiny trim. It's amazing what a difference it makes in how they lay just by taking off 1/8 - 1/4 inch.

It's also kinda fun playing around with them for awhile. A mini hair project!

Simone_Fatale
September 1st, 2012, 02:20 AM
Maybe something like Chris Dakota's assymetrical layered bangs? I cut my bangs myself kinda like that and it's awesome. I think it would look good on you.

http://92.img.v4.skyrock.net/0498/59940498/pics/2415930515_1.jpg

Schrei777
September 1st, 2012, 05:24 AM
I love your side swept bangs but the blunt ones are great too. Hmmm.

Have you tried a search for bangs on Google Images?

I have blunt bangs and I can still sweep them to the side a little if I part them just right. I've grown them out and re-cut them dozens of times. The best way I found is to trim a teeny tiny bit, live with them a few days, trying different styles. If I wasn't pleased, I did another tiny trim. It's amazing what a difference it makes in how they lay just by taking off 1/8 - 1/4 inch.

It's also kinda fun playing around with them for awhile. A mini hair project!

I have found some on google, I'm just not sure what would suit me. This is a great idea though and I could use a good hair project. Thanks for the suggestion :).

Maybe something like Chris Dakota's assymetrical layered bangs? I cut my bangs myself kinda like that and it's awesome. I think it would look good on you.

http://92.img.v4.skyrock.net/0498/59940498/pics/2415930515_1.jpg

I actually really like these bangs, thanks Simone! I will use it as inspiration once I start trimming :D.

Suze2012
September 1st, 2012, 05:34 AM
I like pic number 3 the best...bit longer..but it totally accentuates your beautiful eyes!

All look good but that is my fave.

Dovetail
September 1st, 2012, 07:01 AM
I actually really like that A-symetrical style! I do agree that the longer, denser bangs would look nice ^-^

jacqueline101
September 1st, 2012, 07:51 AM
I like Simone bang choice.

millyaulait
September 1st, 2012, 08:19 AM
I love the blunt bangs on you, it frames your bright eyes perfectly! :flower:

HintOfMint
September 1st, 2012, 08:34 AM
You look so much like Audrey Hepburn that I'm tempted to say any bangs styles that worked for her.

1nuitblanche
September 1st, 2012, 08:41 AM
The shorter, more blunt bangs look really cute on you. They bring out your eyes nicely.

spidermom
September 1st, 2012, 08:59 AM
I like the first two pictures best.

akilina
September 1st, 2012, 09:33 AM
I think that side swept bangs would be awesome on you :) I hate how plain my description will sound... Something like really pretty side swept whispy that looks "soft" and flowing.
However, personal preference, I hate the look of those bangs on that "girl/boy/not sure???"
I used to like that when I was 14 years old. To me, they are a style that 14-16 year old kids wear trying to be a scene kid :shrug: It does not look good to me unless you are heat styling all of your hair every day, so it is stick straight and using hair spray/texturizer and back combing. Other wise if you are slightly wavy these bangs look REALLY short on one end, and really weird on the other. Idk everyone is different though. :)

Schrei777
September 1st, 2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the input everyone, I'm going to buy some new hair scissors tonight and just wing it tomorrow night and see how it goes.

You look so much like Audrey Hepburn that I'm tempted to say any bangs styles that worked for her.

Thanks! :). I have never been compared to Audrey Hepburn before.

I think that side swept bangs would be awesome on you :) I hate how plain my description will sound... Something like really pretty side swept whispy that looks "soft" and flowing.
However, personal preference, I hate the look of those bangs on that "girl/boy/not sure???"
I used to like that when I was 14 years old. To me, they are a style that 14-16 year old kids wear trying to be a scene kid :shrug: It does not look good to me unless you are heat styling all of your hair every day, so it is stick straight and using hair spray/texturizer and back combing. Other wise if you are slightly wavy these bangs look REALLY short on one end, and really weird on the other. Idk everyone is different though. :)

I can see what you mean, Id only use it as inspiration, mine wouldn't look quite like that but I do really like how they look. But I agree with you that it's a style that I see on a lot of young scene kids an that's not really for me.

blondie9912
September 1st, 2012, 01:55 PM
I really like the full bangs on you!! It seems like they just work really well with your face shape :)

Diamond.Eyes
September 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM
I think long, piecy front bangs would look gorgeous on you! With this kind of fringe you could also style your bangs to the side if you wish!

Not particularly a fan of Taylor Momsen, but here is a good example of what I mean:
http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/celebsalon.sheknows.com/2008/09/taylor-momsen-blonde-bun-hairstyle-with-bangs-08.jpg

You are so pretty that you could probably wear any style though! :)

Sabriel
September 1st, 2012, 03:35 PM
I vote long and blunt bangs, but be careful not to do them too thick.

Like others have said, I think you could pull off any style you want! :)

spirals
September 1st, 2012, 05:26 PM
You could shave your head and still be adorable. And you are cute enough to get away with "scene bangs." If you didn't like them you could change them in 2 short months.

Schrei777
September 1st, 2012, 06:28 PM
Aww thanks everyone.

I think long, piecy front bangs would look gorgeous on you! With this kind of fringe you could also style your bangs to the side if you wish!

Not particularly a fan of Taylor Momsen, but here is a good example of what I mean:
http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/celebsalon.sheknows.com/2008/09/taylor-momsen-blonde-bun-hairstyle-with-bangs-08.jpg

You are so pretty that you could probably wear any style though! :)

Danke :D. I'm not a big fan of her either but those bangs are really cute, I want to do the longer piecy sides like she has. Thanks for the picture Diamond.Eyes!

You could shave your head and still be adorable. And you are cute enough to get away with "scene bangs." If you didn't like them you could change them in 2 short months.

Thank you so much spirals, you are so sweet :). And you're right no matter what I do with them they'll grow out quickly if I end up hating it.

Schrei777
September 1st, 2012, 09:33 PM
I really like the full bangs on you!! It seems like they just work really well with your face shape :)

I vote long and blunt bangs, but be careful not to do them too thick.

Like others have said, I think you could pull off any style you want! :)

Danke guys :)

Toadstool
September 2nd, 2012, 01:00 AM
Pictures 1 and 2!!
But it does depend on what image you are going for. The top two look more edgy, which I like on you. The third one looks more mainstream romantic, as does your signature picture.

Quahatundightu
September 2nd, 2012, 03:56 AM
Vote for picture 2 :D

lapushka
September 2nd, 2012, 04:28 PM
Actually the bangs aren't that bad, even though I like your sig picture with the side swept look best!

browneyedsusan
September 2nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
You will look darling with any of them.
Really. It's idiot proof.

Pick the one you like best and rock it! :rockerdud

cleanbug
September 2nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
I love your siggy pic w the side bangs. However, the funky blunt bangs in picture #1 is a close second. You're beautiful either way.

akilina
September 2nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
Over the last few days this thread has unintentionally made me decide that I am going to go cut my bangs short again :) They are not that long, just an inch grown out. I love having bangs too much. I won't cut my face framing though for quite some time.