PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! To much protein

beautifulending
August 31st, 2012, 05:11 PM
I am having protein overload and I don't know what to do.:confused:

TheWhiteRabbit
August 31st, 2012, 05:26 PM
A clarifying wash would more than likely help you in this situation. :)

ETA: Here is where you can find info on clarifying: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=224

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=83381

Roscata
August 31st, 2012, 08:21 PM
After you clarify, you should definitely do a SMT (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128). You may also want to read more about what caused it, how to identify protein, and other options to fix the overload: Protein Disaster & Recovery Center (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=17).

Good luck! :)

dawnss
August 31st, 2012, 09:32 PM
I will recommend the SMT, but I am curious what type of protein did you use (product: natural or commercial) and what is your hair's current condition?

If you used something like a hard protein treatment (a reconstructor) like Nexxus Emergencee, Aphogee Two Step Treatment, DRP-11, Motions CPR, and etc. Then SMT will not cut it (if your hair has a serious protein overload), you will need to find a REALLY moisturizing deep conditioner: Kenra MC, Biolage Hair Balm, and etc.

If you did a mild protein treatment, then by all means just use SMT but make sure that your conditioner is protein free (aloe vera gel itself is a light protein).

If you want, to still use SMT if you did a heavy to moderate treatment, then use a really moisturizing deep conditioner and then use SMT.

I hope your hair improves.

SerinaDaith
August 31st, 2012, 09:45 PM
I need to do protein sometime soon but have been scared to mess with my routine. I will probably lurk this so thanks for starting this thread! I hope you get the help you need!

beautifulending
August 31st, 2012, 10:09 PM
I will recommend the SMT, but I am curious what type of protein did you use (product: natural or commercial) and what is your hair's current condition?

If you used something like a hard protein treatment (a reconstructor) like Nexxus Emergencee, Aphogee Two Step Treatment, DRP-11, Motions CPR, and etc. Then SMT will not cut it (if your hair has a serious protein overload), you will need to find a REALLY moisturizing deep conditioner: Kenra MC, Biolage Hair Balm, and etc.

If you did a mild protein treatment, then by all means just use SMT but make sure that your conditioner is protein free (aloe vera gel itself is a light protein).

If you want, to still use SMT if you did a heavy to moderate treatment, then use a really moisturizing deep conditioner and then use SMT.

I hope your hair improves.

I used a new conditioner that had wheat and soy protein in it(I didn't read that it had protein in it):doh:. I just got done with clarifying and a DEEP conditioning treatment and I can already tell a difference in my hair. My hair was dry,brittle, and tangled.

dawnss
August 31st, 2012, 10:52 PM
I used a new conditioner that had wheat and soy protein in it(I didn't read that it had protein in it):doh:. I just got done with clarifying and a DEEP conditioning treatment and I can already tell a difference in my hair. My hair was dry,brittle, and tangled.

Oh, I know that feeling. Will you keep using the conditioner for protein treatments in the future?

beautifulending
August 31st, 2012, 10:59 PM
Oh, I know that feeling. Will you keep using the conditioner for protein treatments in the future?
Yes I will keep the conditioner for future use(very far in the future lol). And Thank you for starting the thread about protein I think it'll be very helpful to me right now.:D

dawnss
August 31st, 2012, 11:38 PM
Yes I will keep the conditioner for future use(very far in the future lol). And Thank you for starting the thread about protein I think it'll be very helpful to me right now.:D

Lol. Your welcome, I figured it would help us all out (:
Well on the bright side it sounds like your conditioner is a decent moderate protein treatment, either that or your hair might be protein sensitive.

sazzie88
September 3rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
I noticed unfortunately that the more I did the worse it got, I would try and use lots of moisture but it didn't help. Maybe go back to basics :)

DinaAG
September 3rd, 2012, 03:33 PM
moisturize, deep oil treatment will help