PDA

View Full Version : I think I was wrong about my hair type...

stew
August 30th, 2012, 10:37 PM
i always thought i was 1c/2a, with it coming out on the 1c end more often than not and on dry days, even a 1b. today i decided to do proper hairtyping after washing and leaving to dry without touching at all. no fluffing to help dry faster either..

it looks like i might actually solidly be 2a! what do you think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/linekekei/Photoon2012-08-30at21292.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/linekekei/Photoon2012-08-30at21293.jpg

Schrei777
August 30th, 2012, 10:39 PM
It's hard to tell with all of your layers. My hair has a lot of layers like yours too and they make my hair really wavy. But when my hair is all one length its a lot straighter.

thirstylocks
August 30th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I agree with Schrei - layers make my hair seem wavy too.

stew
August 30th, 2012, 10:47 PM
i was mostly worried that my healthy hair was STRAIGHTER than i thought it was.. i'd personally rather err on the wavy side, and i think i underestimated how much wave my hair is capable of. :p

vanillabones
August 30th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Going to jump in the straighty train and agree that layers make my hair appear much wavier... when I lift up my hair to show the underneath... it looks 1a... but the layers can be 1c. I'm curious to the hair type changes in length.

jojo
August 30th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Your hair does have a kink in it so your not a 1a, I'm trying to imagine your hair without layers which throws it a bit when typing but I'd say your about a 1b, 2a has loose S shaped waves and I cannot see any, maybe as your hair gets a little longer your type will be more obvious.

BrownEyedBeauty
September 3rd, 2012, 10:14 PM
As someone else had mentioned, it is difficult to tell with the layers but I am going to go with 1b. As your hair grows it should become more obvious. I don't think its 1a because it doesn't appear to be stick straight and it doesn't appear to be 1c/2a because I really don't see much waves if any at all. It actually looks a bit like the way mine used to when I had it shorter and layered. Therefore, I am going with 1b.

BlazingHeart
September 3rd, 2012, 11:18 PM
I'd say definitely still in the 1s. You have flippy stuff going on, but no full s-waves. My guess would be either 1b or 1c.

Having said that, with hair that length and that layered, it really is hard to get a good idea of what you're dealing with - it may be straighter OR wavier than it looks right now, although the former is more likely.

~Blaze

Toadstool
September 4th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Going against the majority here, it looks wavy to me.

pink.sara
September 4th, 2012, 04:19 AM
A 1b just has one single flick at the ends or a bit more body so I'd call you a 1c for now.
But layers and hair above APL affect waves hugely, mine is stick straight but flicked Everywhere until it got past my shoulders for example.

Definitely type again at APL with a proper clarify no conditioner no touching and see if you get waves then.

Mesmerise
September 4th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Honestly, I'd like to see your hair without layers to get a true idea of your waviness. I'm sorry to say, at the moment I see nothing more than 1c (I don't see that as a negative btw :D).

Although, I wouldn't completely count out waves... some hair seems to get wavier as it gets longer! Mine seems to go the other way and get straighter though. Hmm... Hair is very weird ;).

palaeoqueen
September 4th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I can't tell either, I agree that it'll be easier to type once it's longer and less layered.

lapushka
September 4th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I agree with everyone saying you're in the 1s.

KwaveT
September 4th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Definitely not 1a or 2a, I am going to with 1b though.