PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to leave color oops on over night?

firevegan
August 30th, 2012, 10:17 PM
My S.O.'s parents weren't home so I put my color oops in at 6:30pm and planned on leaving it in til 9:30 and rinsing for 30 minutes.. and I was trying to get it done without getting caught because I'm not allowed to take a shower so I sneak taking them when my S.O.'s parents aren't home and they said they'd be gone most of the night property hunting so I was like :cheese: hair time! =D and anyways they came home early and now I'm stuck with this stuff on my head and it was expensive so I don't want to risk washing it out in the sink and it redarkening. So would it be okay to leave on over night and it won't redarken by that time or anything? Cause they'll both be gone in the morning.

[FYI I'm trying to get rid of henna and am 85% there after successful color oops' 3 times previously]

Rufflebutt
August 30th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I've of people doing it without significant damage, but I have no personal experience on it.

goldloli
August 30th, 2012, 10:29 PM
oh lord... wash it asap, it can redarken if you leave it and also turn your hair into a gummy mess

Schrei777
August 30th, 2012, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't personally, my friend used it for only an hour or so and her hair got badly damaged from it. But then again I've used it for 2 hours or more with little or no damage in the past but my hair is really resilient. Is you're hair strong? Are you willing to risk it? And you don't have to answer, but why aren't you allowed to take a shower?

ravenreed
August 30th, 2012, 10:31 PM
I would not. Better darker hair than damaged hair, IMO.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 30th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Could you maybe go outside and rinse it out under the hose in the garden? Maybe SO's parents don't want *dye* type mess in their bathroom. It might be better to do that than leave it in overnight, you won't know what it will do to your hair.

palaeoqueen
August 31st, 2012, 04:12 AM
You're not allowed to take a shower?

MrsGuther
August 31st, 2012, 07:59 AM
Why are you not allowed to take a shower? I would rinse that color oops out ASAP and not leave it in through the night.

Loviatar
August 31st, 2012, 08:03 AM
I would rinse it out. Even with a jug over the sink if you're not allowed to shower.

I'd even go so far as to claim you had to take a shower because something happened - you got a cobweb in your hair, you slipped in the mud, whatever. ;)

Amber_Maiden
August 31st, 2012, 08:14 AM
Why aren't you allowed to shower??!

And wash it out right away!

jillosity
August 31st, 2012, 09:23 AM
Color Oops won't cause damage, I suppose if your hair is already damaged it might not help it either. I've left it on for 3 hours before, no damage at all, just a lot of rotten egg stank, which is unavoidable!

And yes, what is this no shower rule?

Charybdis
August 31st, 2012, 12:08 PM
Girl, wash your hair, get that plane ticket from your sister if she's still offering, and get the hell out of there. Why do you want to be around these people? It's very clear from your other thread that your SO treats you like dirt, and apparently his family do too. NO ONE deserves to be treated this way, and this abuse will go on as long as you let it.

Call your sister, call your parents, pawn your ring, and just go. Please.

Bunnysaur
August 31st, 2012, 12:27 PM
Girl, wash your hair, get that plane ticket from your sister if she's still offering, and get the hell out of there. Why do you want to be around these people? It's very clear from your other thread that your SO treats you like dirt, and apparently his family do too. NO ONE deserves to be treated this way, and this abuse will go on as long as you let it.

I heartily agree.

MinderMutsig
August 31st, 2012, 12:30 PM

Call your sister, call your parents, pawn your ring, and just go. Please.This. GTFO, please!

PixieKitten
August 31st, 2012, 12:32 PM
*agreeing wholeheartedly with Charybis, Bunnysaur and Mindermutsig*

PLEASE get out of there!!!

hermosamendoza
August 31st, 2012, 12:54 PM
it's not meant to be left on longer than color hair dye. it's a chemical that eats through the hair color and if left on too long it will eat through your hair! I had long hair and used it and eventually had to cut my hair from nearly my waste to my shoulderS

CurlyCurves
August 31st, 2012, 03:39 PM

I second this.

We care :blossom: