PDA

View Full Version : Every time I feel like cutting my hair...

Rufflebutt
August 30th, 2012, 06:33 PM
It's happened to my life ten times. Days where I feel like my hair looks terrible, and I tempted to go to the nearest hair dresser and have them wack it all off. Then out of the blue, someone says,"Oh my god! Your hair is SO long and ridiculously healthy!"

.....And then I feel like a million bucks. :3 And I slap myself in the face for even CONSIDERING to cut it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there. You guys?

Miss.Carton
August 30th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I totally know how you feel! Sometimes when I see another person with really long hair that looks unhealthy and like they don't take very good care of it I worry that that's how other people see my hair... (I just don't want to look frumpy looking, you know?)
But then other days I'll see someone with, or a picture of, really pretty hair and I get so motivated to keep trying to grow my hair longer! :)

SerinaDaith
August 30th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Not only have I thought about it I have done it, then I get post cut blues. I really wish I had found this forum ages ago. I can post any number of places and know that I will be talked down from the edge, which happened earlier this week actually. I can't do that with my husband, he just says if you want to chop all the black out then go ginger go for it. I posted here and had people helping to remind me that I can do that but is it really what I want to do? The answer was no, I found other ways to play with color without damage. Yay for here!

jojo
August 31st, 2012, 12:00 AM
I hardly ever get the urge to cut as I'm at peace with my length but if and when I do I remember how upset I was with shorter hair and remember how far I've come in the last 7 years.

SongofLove
August 31st, 2012, 12:28 AM
When I was 8-16 years old, I totally loved having short hair (chin length) because I hated taking care of long hair.

Then I tried to grow it out. It was all one length so the growing seemed soo slow, and I got discouraged. I always wondered what it was like to have really short hair, like my brother, so I had it shaved off. I kept my head practically bald for a few years, and loved it (swimming was a blast!)

Although I sometimes think of how my hair would be longer now if I didn't spend those years shaving my head, I don't regret it---it was fun and now I know what it's like. I think if I never tried a buzz cut I'd always have that lingering curiosity about it.

EndlessSunshine
August 31st, 2012, 04:01 AM
When I want to chop it off I remember the awkward part when my hair was not long enough to put up and how it was always looking like a deranged pixie. Lol

Ligeia_13
August 31st, 2012, 08:52 AM
I'm the same, exceot, I never get the compliments. I just have to pull out the memory card from the last haircut I had and voila! All gone.

BrownEyedBeauty
September 4th, 2012, 11:32 AM
I have noticed that when I get the urge to chop it all off its because I usually need a trim. An inch or so does it, and my hair automatically looks and feels thicker and healthier. I always keep this in mind before making any hasty decisions.

jacqueline101
September 4th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Yes I have the problem of getting bored with my hair and wanting a change. I have to learn to find healthy changes like right now my change is different style of fringe. I wanted a subtle change. I wore my hair down in a head band a lady told me my hair was pretty and long. It made my day. I understand change and nice words.

hermosamendoza
September 4th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I usually get the urge to change the color or cut. Last time I decided to change my hair and got what I learned later is called an "asian mullet" the female version. while it was cute it it takes a lot fo product and upkeep.
I'm currenlty growing that out. I got it right after my january 2012 and my sept 2012 pic is the outgrowth of it. I finally don't look like i have a bad mullett.
Now instead of getting anything but a trim or coloring I am focusing on getting my hair super shiny with oils and herbs.

hermosamendoza
September 4th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I have noticed that when I get the urge to chop it all off its because I usually need a trim. An inch or so does it, and my hair automatically looks and feels thicker and healthier. I always keep this in mind before making any hasty decisions.

exactly! i decided to get a trim first and see how it looks from there. Trims usually work for me

maborosi
September 4th, 2012, 02:41 PM
I eventually ended up cutting my hair since it wasn't in as good of shape as I'd have liked it to be....still, it was healthier than most people I knew, but now, it's in phenomenal condition.

Sometimes I want to cut out the black part of my hair, which is the bottom half, but I'm dissuaded by people who tell me that it looks cool or interesting.

~maborosi~

spirals
September 6th, 2012, 10:47 AM
When I want to chop it off I remember the awkward part when my hair was not long enough to put up and how it was always looking like a deranged pixie. Lol

:lol: I have the funniest picture in my head.

twoLs118
September 6th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I HAVE TOTALLY BEEN THERE!!! lol and i have given into the urge & done the short chop multiple times!!

i too think about the awkward short stage of hair that makes me hate life! the last time i chopped was right before i got pregnant with my son & it was SHORTTT and i had a major case of the post-cut blues :(:(

i think that feeling is burned in my brain b/c since i started growing out my hair again (2 years ago) i havent had the urge to cut!!

jen5972
September 6th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I go through this feeling all the time. I hate it :(. It has gotten so much worse since I hit 40. I rarely get compliments on my hair. We live in an area where the wedge cut is insanely popular, and long hair isn't. I have fought the urge to cut, but sometimes cave in. The last time I cut was about 2 years ago, and I chopped my tailbone length hair to just past bra strap length. I HATED it. I could not do my usual updos! I am finally back at tailbone again. Whenever I have the urge to chop, I try and remember how much I hated it when I did chop it. Sometimes I feel like a major freak though, since everyone in my area is so "trendy".

Jen
Long hair updo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/JenniferS42394/videos
Long Hair albums:
http://public.fotki.com/jen5972/

akilina
September 6th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I HATE my hair lately, and I want to chop it all off to CB again to get rid of all the layers but I refrain.
I just remember that chopping 6 or 8 inches off my hair will not get me any closer to Hip. Or TB.
I even feel like I need to take off 2 inches, but taking off 2 inches right now, or even an inch, will throw me EVEN further back because my hair seems to never want to hit BSL.

palaeoqueen
September 6th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I constantly get the urge to cut but then it would just be short and damaged instead of long(er) and damaged so there's no point until it's long enough to actually cut out all the damage.

SerinaDaith
September 6th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I got some serious inspiration today while I was out running errands, not one but two fourtysomething ladies with classic length curly silver hair! I was just in awe of both of them! I need to see that more often because with luck and tlc I will be there myself someday.

tiny squirrel
September 6th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I can relate to the need for change. In the past, trimming an inch or two would somewhat quell the urge to cut, but lately I've been bored with my apl+ virgin hair. Luckily I found LHC! This place gives me so much inspiration for updos and pretty things to do I can't imagine why I ever thought cutting was a good idea.

Angel Barchild
September 6th, 2012, 10:31 PM
My hair is just past my arm pits, a good six inches longer than I'm used to, and I hate it. It won't go up (not long enough and too slick) , gets caught in the strap of my bag, and doesn't have enough weight to stay behind my shoulders. My hubby keeps telling me it will get better as it gets longer, I'm sure he's right, but I still have the urge to whack it a couple times a day. I'll wait it out and see, it does look pretty though.

BlazingHeart
September 7th, 2012, 12:12 AM
I'm one of those people who has gone long to short multiple times with no regrets. My stylist is wonderful and always frets about cutting off that much 'beautiful hair', and worries that I won't be happy when it's short, but she always does a great job, and I do enjoy having short hair.

Right now, though, I want to see how long my hair will grow, and I have lots of pretties to put in my hair, which admittedly aren't seeing as much use as they theoretically ought. I don't often put up my hair unless I'm leaving the house, and I only have classes 3 days a week, so that's not as often as it might be.

I'll admit, the other night, I did start collecting short haircut pictures again. My problem is that I often know roughly what I want, but can't find a picture with all the features I want, so this time, I'm starting to collect pictures I like a long while out. I don't want to cut soon, though, because I've invested all this money into lovely toys, and it would make me sad and frustrate my fiance a bit if I had this big collection I couldn't use anymore.

~Blaze

Dang3rousB3auty
September 7th, 2012, 01:36 AM
I told my friend I wanted to grow out my hair, and he said "but it's already long". I said not really.. and I wanted to grow it to my waist. He said ewwww. lol

Apparently he thinks it looks gross to have hair that long, but I think he has only seen hair that long on people who don't take care of it properly. So, I think if you take awesome care of your hair and you still love having it long then don't give into the chop! Too many people not taking care of their hair, yours would be a sad thing to lose just because of one day of bad hair.

I get the urge to cut it off occasionally too, but I have pretty much stopped those urges and say I can cut it once it gets to my waist...then I will maintain it there till all damaged ends are gone!