PDA

View Full Version : Celebration time! Reached a goal without noticing

Samitra
August 30th, 2012, 04:56 AM
(Hello again, haven't been here for a while...)

The short version: WOHOO, I hit WAIST!

The longer version: I haven't really bothered much about my hair for the last two years (!). I study to be a nurse, and I wear my hair up or in a braid almost all of the time. But today I found my old document with all my measurements since November 2008. I decided to let my hair down and 1) measure my hair and 2) take a pic.

Imagine my surprise when my hair had passed waist lenght! :cheese:
It was actually my original goal before I decided to find out how long it really could get. So it's a big deal for me :) Now I can start look at some new updos, I've been thinking "BSL" all this time when looking for interesting things to do. :rolleyes:

So, how do one celebrate such an occasion? I'm thinking maybe some wine (good for the blood circulation you know :D) and wear it down all day.

Oh, and the pic. For some reason I could't upload any pics to my album, so I just put it in the signature :) It's not colour accurate, taken with phone and in weird light and with braid waves. Red line marks waist.

Pixie0763
August 30th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is lovely! :)

kitekats
August 30th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Very nice henna color you have:), not only the length.
I guess albums doesn't work now, but to upload it straight on this page, press right mouse button on pic (on flick or something like that) and then copy image location.

Chimom79
August 30th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Congrats! It looks so beautiful!

millyaulait
August 30th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Congrats, it's lovely! So great having surprise milestones! :)

gratitudinous
August 30th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Wow, congrats!:D

Is it just me, or does it look almost hip length? It looks to me like your waist is at least an inch above the red line (waist length is just under your bottom rib, or 2" above your belly button)!

Whatever the case, you have very lovely hair. :flower:

vanillabones
August 30th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Congrats it's so long :D pretty color too.

jeanniet
August 30th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Waist? Looks like you're at hip to me! Your red line is actually below waist (which is the smallest part of your torso), and almost at hip. Congratulations, and yay for benign neglect!

jojo
August 30th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I'd call this a true waist, many time I see claims of certain lengths where just the tip of the U or V are touching waist ; in this instance the side bits are at waist! However yes you are waist but if you want to claim hip with the tip of your U shaped hemline, you can! Your hair is beautiful by the way.

Welcome to my world, I'm a RN too it's the best profession ever!

Samitra
August 30th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Thank you everyone! :flower: Maybe I was a bit strict when deciding where waist was, but I went for where i tie my bathrobe. Anyway, wherever my waist is, I totally missed the moment when the hair passed it, haha!

I still have one very busy semester before graduation, so my hair will probably get some more of that lovely benign neglect. Maybe I'll be able to claim hip length around graduation (and not just "brushing hip" as I probably will call this lenght!).

jojo
August 31st, 2012, 12:11 AM
Thank you everyone! :flower: Maybe I was a bit strict when deciding where waist was, but I went for where i tie my bathrobe. Anyway, wherever my waist is, I totally missed the moment when the hair passed it, haha!

I still have one very busy semester before graduation, so my hair will probably get some more of that lovely benign neglect. Maybe I'll be able to claim hip length around graduation (and not just "brushing hip" as I probably will call this lenght!).

I did the exact same to determine waist on me too!

Good luck with your studies.

Falcore
August 31st, 2012, 12:24 AM
Woohoo congrats on reaching a wonderful milestone! :)

MaryO
August 31st, 2012, 03:50 AM
Well done for the benign neglect! Wish I had important things to do to keep my mind off my hair!;-)

KittyBird
August 31st, 2012, 08:04 AM
Congratulations on reaching your goal! Your hair looks beautiful :blossom: