PDA

View Full Version : Third Month Length Photo!

Rufflebutt
August 29th, 2012, 07:48 PM
So excited. It's the end of my third month of LHC. :) As usual, there is a huge progress in the condition of my hair.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9jottYQXo1rxty4io1_250.jpg

Ends are continuing to look more and more blunt. :) Babying my hair, S&Ding and microtrims are really paying off. For comparison, here's my first month:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8mg1goPIq1rxty4io1_250.jpg

The texture seems to be improving, it looks a lot softer and healthier in my most recent photo. And the microtrims really help! I only take off a teeny tiny amount but it makes a HUGE difference.

Yay!

Rufflebutt
August 29th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Also, is it me or does my hair look wavier? Is it a solid 1c or would you consider it 1c/2a?

battles
August 29th, 2012, 07:55 PM
It looks awesome! You can definitely tell the ends are thickening up quite a bit.

If you're interested in a hair typing, I think you'd need to clarify your hair and let it dry without touching and then post pictures.

Rufflebutt
August 29th, 2012, 08:02 PM
It looks awesome! You can definitely tell the ends are thickening up quite a bit.

If you're interested in a hair typing, I think you'd need to clarify your hair and let it dry without touching and then post pictures. On the visual hairtyping guide here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=227

It basically says that I don't need to clarify, just wash my hair as I normally do and not touch while drying. I normally don't touch it while drying anyways. -shrug-

battles
August 29th, 2012, 08:06 PM
On the visual hairtyping guide here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=227

It basically says that I don't need to clarify, just wash my hair as I normally do and not touch while drying. I normally don't touch it while drying anyways. -shrug-

Oh, hrm. I was always hearing that you were supposed to clarify first. My bad! :o

I'm not amazing at hair typing, but I would say at least 1c. I'm sure more people will guess as well.

Clem_Dela
August 29th, 2012, 08:07 PM
wow- thats fantastic progress for just three months !

Rufflebutt
August 29th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Oh, hrm. I was always hearing that you were supposed to clarify first. My bad! :o

I'm not amazing at hair typing, but I would say at least 1c. I'm sure more people will guess as well.
Hm, it could possibly be a taste of personal preference as well. I've read both that a regular washing and that a clarifying wash is needed.

Shepherdess
August 29th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Wow, that is a big difference in just a few months! Very pretty! :)

I really should microtrim my hair sometime!

Rufflebutt
August 29th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Wow, that is a big difference in just a few months! Very pretty! :)

I really should microtrim my hair sometime!I'm planning to continue maintaining until December, and after that I'm gonna grow all the way to Classic!

vanillabones
August 29th, 2012, 09:08 PM
It looks so much better! Congrats. Definitely in the 1's.

jacqueline101
August 29th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Your hair looks great.

maborosi
August 29th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Very nice! It might be easier to see in a brighter photo so someone can more accurately determine your hair type. I'd say in the 1's, though. Maybe 1b/1c, but it might help if you have a picture with a bit more light (like natural sunlight maybe ^^)

~maborosi~

Mesmerise
August 29th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Very nice! It might be easier to see in a brighter photo so someone can more accurately determine your hair type. I'd say in the 1's, though. Maybe 1b/1c, but it might help if you have a picture with a bit more light (like natural sunlight maybe ^^)

~maborosi~

This is what I think, too. It has a bit of wave, possibly more than a straight 1b, but I wouldn't go further than 1b/1c.

akilina
August 29th, 2012, 10:44 PM
It is so nice when you can visually see the difference! :) imagine how nice it will look in another 3 months!

Rufflebutt
August 29th, 2012, 10:49 PM

~maborosi~ Unfortunately I'm limited to a phone camera. But I definitely could improve the lighting. :) I'll try to take some photos outside during the day sometime.

Ambystoma
August 29th, 2012, 11:01 PM
:agape: Wow what a dramatic difference! You must be thrilled!

KittyBird
August 30th, 2012, 12:16 PM
What a great improvement! Your hair looks beautiful :blossom:

katfemme89
August 30th, 2012, 12:57 PM
On the visual hairtyping guide here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=227

Thanks for posting that link, the pictures really helped me a lot. I just figured out that my hair isn't a 1c after all, it's actually a 2b!

By the way, your hair looks so much healthier and awesome! Keep up the great work!:blossom:

Winnie!
August 30th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Lovely progress!

Rosethorn
August 30th, 2012, 04:02 PM
That's amazing progress. Congrats.