PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Home!

Stephanie
March 1st, 2008, 02:27 PM
Welcome home! It's been a long wait, but we're finally back online (finally). We're still working to retrieve the information from the old database and once we have it, we'll turn it into a permanent and fully accessible archive. In the meantime, we have a lot of work to do to fill up these boards! :)

While you're indulging in your daily procrastination (hey, even I'll admit it!), check out the new features! We've made it a millions times easier to spend oodles of time on board (yay!!!). There are far too many little things to mention, but some of the larger things include a new product reviews section, an articles system, real photo albums instead of photo threads, manageable social groups, and even customizable profiles. Some of these features are restricted to our dedicated members (>100 posts + >30 days of membership), so if you've been lurking, please come on out and say hi so you can use the forums to their full advantage!

I know it would be a whole lot more comfortable here if we had all of our old posts, private messages, and history, but since we don't (YET!), let's pull together and see what we can do to fill this place up and get the new sections warmed up. :)

Welcome back and I hope you have fun with the new features!
Steph

Jennifer
March 1st, 2008, 04:46 PM
I love it! Oh Steph, I love the new layout and features. Everyone's going to be so excited and have so much fun.

We'll hardly notice the missing data while we play and learn all the features. ;)

Now, to get a new profile pic. :rolleyes:

Welcome back everyone!

harpgal
March 7th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Hello Jen and Steph, thanks for all the hard work. It sure feels good to be back! :)

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Yes! Yes! Oh My God Yes!!!

marajade
March 7th, 2008, 03:48 PM
OMG!!! OMG!!! I'm so excited!!!

AmandaPanda
March 7th, 2008, 03:52 PM
It looks great! Thanks so much...it's so good to be back!

biggeorge
March 7th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Yes; many thanks for all the efforts to get back online!

AprilElf
March 7th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Wow! I just visited on a whim - to see if there was anything new on the homepage (*desperate*!), and it's back!

Thank you so much Stephanie and Jennifer! You guys are amazing. :D

Áine
March 7th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Woo Hoo! LHC is back: Alive & Kickin'!!!

Thanks Stephanie! The features are all awesome. I need to go play with some of them now, hehe!

Euphony
March 7th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Thank you so much for working so hard on this for us! I've been trying to play a bit with the user CP - I think we must have a lower limit on the siggy pic now?

Stagecoach
March 7th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Wow, thank you wonderful ladies for all your hard work getting these boards back up!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer
March 7th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Welcome back everyone!

Waaaahhh! The boards are back up and I have to head out for the evening in about 10 minutes! Have fun ya'll! :D

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Thank you so much for working so hard on this for us! I've been trying to play a bit with the user CP - I think we must have a lower limit on the siggy pic now?
Correct. We are limited to three lines, which includes BB code.

LilyMunster
March 7th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks Stephanie and helpers:)

Euphony
March 7th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Correct. We are limited to three lines, which includes BB code.
I think I must be missing something then. I took out all the lines (though there was 3) and then uploaded my pic which is actually smaller than Stagecoach's pic and now it just doesn't show anything in my siggy <sniff>

Niphredil
March 7th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Yeah, we're back!!!

Looking forward to all the new features, although it may take a while to get used to. But hey, changes are for the better!!

Well done Steph, Jennifer and all involved with bringing the boards back online !!

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I think I must be missing something then. I took out all the lines (though there was 3) and then uploaded my pic which is actually smaller than Stagecoach's pic and now it just doesn't show anything in my siggy <sniff>
Well, goodness! That's odd. Did you save changes after you uploaded the signature picture?

Also, I've started a signature thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=93), if you want to take this over there.

Morticia
March 7th, 2008, 04:29 PM
The joy! The relief!

Thank you so much, Stephanie.

I am so glad that LHC is back.

thetokenlady
March 7th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I'm so glad it's back! Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to bring our home back safe and sound!

SueBee
March 7th, 2008, 04:43 PM
:flower:Firstly...thank you, Stephanie and Jennifer in keeping this nice thing going. Thank you very much for your troubles.

Oh and, :heartbeatI love you, LHC! :heartbeatI love you and I missed you so muccchhhh. Don't ever go away again.
:hollie::hollie::hollie:Dancin nanners for us all!:hollie::hollie::hollie:

Will be clicking on those sponsors lots more, too.

tomm
March 7th, 2008, 04:45 PM
It is so wonderful to see LHC back up and running!!

Thank you so much, Stephanie and Jennifer - we are so grateful for all of your efforts :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

TammySue
March 7th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Thank you Stephanie (and Jennifer)!
It looks great! Woo Hoo!

SweetPea88
March 7th, 2008, 05:03 PM
YAY!!! I think I let out a loud enough squeal for the whole residence hall to hear! I love the new look and layout, thanks so much for all of your hard work!

Shermie Girl
March 7th, 2008, 05:12 PM
It is great to be back. The site is very different, but I think it will be fun to get to know it all over again.

Stephanie and helpers, thank you so much for all the hard work you have done and continue to do to get our beloved LHC back up and running. :inlove:

WavyGal
March 7th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I can't tell you how much I missed this site! I am so glad it was up and running. I was definitely experiencing LHC withdrawal symptoms and it was NOT pretty! It's back and it is better!:)

Delila
March 7th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Thank you for all your hard work, Stephanie, this is great!!!

Saldana
March 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM
*adding my voice to the joyful chorus of thank you's!!*

I missed LHC so much. This is an absolutely wonderful site, filled with wonderful people.

I love the new features. I am excited to see 'my people' coming back online - I keep going down to the bottom of the page and seeing 'familiar faces' jumping onto the site in droves.....I'm so excited to have LHC back.

A thousand bouquets to Stephanie and Jennifer and to everyone else who helped bring my home...our home....BACK.

(I would add smilie bouquets...but I can't see them on the toolbar...and that's OKAY!:)

Sam-I-Am
March 7th, 2008, 05:51 PM
*hugs everyone* Man, I missed you guys!! I am so glad to have everyone back again.

OhioLisa
March 7th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Many thanks for all your hard work, Stephanie. It is so good to be home.

jojo
March 7th, 2008, 06:00 PM
thank you for you hard work and dedication in making this still the number 1 long hair site xxx

SilverLocks
March 7th, 2008, 06:21 PM
For joy, for joy! What a nice surprise. :)
Thank you Stephanie and Jennifer and all who made this possible. It's great to be home/:inlove:.....off to explore.....

Liluri
March 7th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Thank you so much for all the work you've put into getting TLHC back up!

Clare-Dragonfly
March 7th, 2008, 06:29 PM
YAY! :wethree: Thank you so much, Stephanie!

If only I could make it pink again...

seabear
March 7th, 2008, 06:30 PM
YAYYYAYAYY!

Thank you, thank you so very much to Stephanie and everyone who helped get our beloved LHC back! I'm a little giddy with joy.....

justgreen
March 7th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Deep sigh, thank you so much Stephanie.

Koala Kim
March 7th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Woohoo!!! :hollie:

AutumnLeaves
March 7th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Adding my heartfelt thanks too, Stephanie! I love this new format! We have photo albums? I can't wait to find new things here!!! Thank you again!

The Flame
March 7th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Thank you Stephanie and Jennifer! I appreciate the many hours (hundreds+) that you have spent to get this new board up and running. It looks great and I can't wait to see what will be added.

wintersun99
March 7th, 2008, 07:27 PM
wow! learning all over again - great job!

Stacy_E
March 7th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Thank you so much Stephanie for working hard on LHC, and making improvements too! I've lurked in the Beauty Bottle but held out for LHC. So happy it's back!

AquaViolet1973
March 7th, 2008, 07:35 PM
It's great to be back! Thanks Steph!

chloeishere
March 7th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Oh wow-- I just checked out the "Review" area (and posted a review on Chagrin Valley's shampoo bars, hope it's useful!), and it's super cool! It took me like five minutes to figure out how to post the review once I made a page for the item, though. :p I'm like that, sometimes.

Anyway, it's so useful and nice looking! I love having the pictures. I can't wait till there are more reviews posted (and other categories besides "shampoo")!

Great job Stephanie! I'm sorry there's still so much left that needs to be done, but what you've accomplished so far is amazing, and very appreciated! THANK YOU!!!

AnneAdeline
March 7th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Yes yes yes!
Currently laying on the couch with a terrible cold and feeling all-around miserable, this made my day! Yay!
Thanks Steph!

(just used my daily quota of exclamation points (! ) ;) )

Rose_Red
March 7th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Yay! Thank you so much!!!

curls2grow
March 7th, 2008, 08:00 PM
This is wonderful news, that we are back up. Thank you so much Stephanie :flower: --what a bear of a project this must have been! And I am so glad that I found the the beginning of this thread, telling us that more good stuff (like the archived info) may be ni our futures!

Alley Cat
March 7th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Thrilled to be back and thank you Stephanie for all your hard work.:)

Raederle
March 7th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks for all the work you've already put in, and the work you continually put in.

MountainGypsy
March 7th, 2008, 08:17 PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU!!!!!!!:smooch::flower::bowtome:

physicschick
March 7th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Yay, we are back! Thank you for all your hard work, Stephanie. :flowers:

(Haha, I knew this would happen... I'm leaving town for a week, so of course we come back up right when I'm about to leave and don't have enough time to play here. :lol: )

ETA: My sig is still intact! I wonder if it conforms to current guidelines? I will need to dig up my avatar, though. It's been a while since I knew where that file was.

jessie58
March 7th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Yay, hello everybody, it's very interesting and different here now, I can't wait to look all around and have some fun.

Velvettt
March 7th, 2008, 10:50 PM
WE'RE HOME!!!!

Mwaaaaaaaaaa mwaaaaaaaaaa mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
(that's me kissing the floor of the community!)

Thank you thank you thank you!

Yikes! Lost my siggy pics except for that humongous link which I'm deleting now! Drat. I'm such a technomoron, it's gonna take forever to fix this.

DesM
March 7th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Thank you a million times over for all your hard work in getting the LH Community back on line, I sure have missed you all.

RedButterfly
March 8th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Thank you for all of your hard work. We really appreciate it. :)

Hairstorm
March 8th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Hello all! :waving: It's good to be back!

CountessDeJager
March 8th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Thank you Stephanie, Jennifer, and everyone else that brought LHC back. Getting to run around unwrapping all the shiny new features makes makes for quite a housewarming party.

Belated happy wishes on your recent marriage, Stephanie! :)

Just_Isabel
March 8th, 2008, 04:00 AM
We're back!!!!! Yay! :wethree:

Thank you so much to everyone who worked so hard to bring the site back up! :inlove:

Squeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! *off to have a look at the rest of the shiny new board and test the new features* :D

Alaia
March 8th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Three more cheers and a heartfelt Thank You!!!!!!

:D

mellie
March 8th, 2008, 05:27 AM
I'm so excited to see LHC back online! You've made my day!! Thank you thank you thank you!!

Mellie

yzkaloha
March 8th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Thank you!!!! I am so very excited! Thank you for all of your hard work!

Stephanie, I have a question, I have had some problems with paypal in the past and no longer wish to use there services. Is there any other way that I can send a donation? Thanks

Meezer
March 8th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Oh, it's so wonderful to have LHC back up and running! Thank you, Steph, for all of your hard work! I think the collapse of the old boards may have been a blessing in disguise... from the looks of it, this is going to be an even better LHC!

levelek
March 8th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Thank you so much, Stephanie!!! Our new home looks amazing!

Amoretti
March 8th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Hi, everyone! I'm feeling so LOST right now. LOL.

k_hepburn
March 8th, 2008, 08:59 AM
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!

It's great to be back! I missed being part of this forum really badly!

Thanks so much to Stephanie (and whoever else was involved) for all the work you put in to get the board back up and rolling again! Looking forward to lots of hair (and other) stories to share!

katharine

chelles2kids
March 8th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Thank-you Stephanie for all the long hours you've spent trying to get everything sorted out.:D:D:D:D:D:D
I cannot even begin to imagine how many hours you've worked on this for our benefit.

I'm so looking forward to relearning my way around with all the new features.

Also a HUGE thank-you, thank-you, thank-you to Jennifer for all of the updates over on TBB!!

Off to go exploring............

Michelle

KatKeRo
March 8th, 2008, 10:59 AM
We're back.
Thanks for all the hard work to make it happen.
Of to explore LHC.

BeeLady
March 8th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I am still playing with the tools and stuff but I am so glad to be home. I think I mentioned on TBB that I have been hanging out more on some other boards I use and I just haven't felt ok at all. I promise to be patient, I'm just glad we're back up. You get big love and a lot of appreciation from me. :)

Chamomile betty
March 8th, 2008, 01:37 PM
It's nice to be back.
I did enjoy being over at TBB while LHC was down.
I am off to explore.

Everything looks great!
Thanks for the hard work Stephanie and crew :)

girlcat36
March 8th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Thank you to Stephanie and all involved in getting the boards back up! Uh oh, now I will be on the computer all the time.:rolleyes:

nappywomyn
March 8th, 2008, 02:05 PM
:yahoo:

I'm so happy we are back!!

Elistariel
March 8th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Yay we're back!
...confound it I need to make another avatar.

peacecat3
March 8th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Thank you so much Stephanie, and everyone else who worked so hard to make this transition!! The new LHC is so beautiful!!

Alley Cat
March 8th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Thank you Stephanie for your hard work in getting us back. :flowers:

lora410
March 8th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I was sooooo excited to see the site back up:happydance:

Feisty Redhead
March 8th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Thank you so much Stephanie, and everyone else "behind the scenes"! I'm so glad LHC is back! :D

lh1299
March 8th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I'm glad the site is back up. It looks great!

Jinxhigh
March 8th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I know I never posted much, but I did like to spend time here and am so glad to see ya'll back!

Kittee
March 8th, 2008, 06:05 PM
OMG!!! I am so happy!!!

IT"S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

I CAN BROWSE AGAIN! WOOOOT!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

No...my caps lock was not stuck! =D
:grouphug:

Nightshade
March 8th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Woot! It's going to take some getting used to, and a lot of work to get the great resources we had back up, but we'll manage :o

Misso
March 8th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Hi everyone,

I was checking to see if we are back on almost every day.

I am glad the site is up again. I am feeling a bit fuzzy though, need to get used to everything again.

Happy new begining to all.

domonic_uk
March 8th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Hi Guys

Glad to have you back, just out of interest do you know what caused the old boards to go down?

cnbrad
March 8th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks for all the great updates! I can't wait to get settled in!

maskedrose
March 8th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Hurray!! I'm so happy it's back! Thanks Stephanie for all your hard work :)

Oh and FYI, I couldn't get on by just typing in www.longhaircommunity.com (http://www.longhaircommunity.com), I had to do forums.longhaircommunity.com....

lulabelle
March 8th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Yay LHC is back!!! Thank so much Stephanie!

Juanita
March 9th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Cheers Stephanie and Jennifer. It's great to be back

Juanita

CryssieWillow
March 9th, 2008, 03:30 AM
*does a happy dance!*
Awesome Steph! Thanks so much for your hard work!!!

Guenever
March 9th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Oh, yeah... we're BACK! :wethree: :waltz:
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, Steph! :flowers:

lavenderblue
March 9th, 2008, 05:15 AM
it's very good to be back! thanks for all the work to make this forum up and running again!

Chrissy
March 9th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Thank you so much Stephanie for all your hard work to get us up and running again. I can't imagine all it took to do that. I'm so techno challenged. I appreciate you and Jennifer so much. I know it will take us all a little while to get used to everything. It's good to see so many people back on here. It will be fun exploring everything. Thanks again!!!

PS: How do I get my actual avatar and siggy picture to post. All I see is the link for the pics. I will have to get my son to help me as before.

trollkjerring
March 9th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Thank you so much Stephanie for all your hard work! I really love the new features here:)
trollkjerring

Alun
March 9th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Thankyou for all your hard work, Stephanie.

I could tell that so many of us were checking every day, because AFAIK the site stayed in Google's top three for 'long hair' all the time it was down!

Celebrian
March 9th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks for getting LHC going again. That was pretty quick, actually! :D

Wavelength
March 9th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Great to be back! I can't believe how long we were down, but kudos to Steph for getting LHC back up and running!

(Dumb question: How'd we go offline in the first place? Hackers?)

Going to play with the new features now... :D

snowbear
March 9th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Great to be back! I can't believe how long we were down, but kudos to Steph for getting LHC back up and running!

(Dumb question: How'd we go offline in the first place? Hackers?)

Going to play with the new features now... :D
Well, as much as we'd all like to blame Morticia for breaking LHC...:lol:
I think it was server overload, which would explain why the sig requirements are so strict now.

Pat
March 9th, 2008, 08:40 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can&#180;t believe its back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed all of you so much!

Special thanks, hugs and kisses to all of you who brought LHC back up!

Butters
March 9th, 2008, 10:20 PM
It Works! Yay too bad its the middle of the night. I've missed you all. :)

Scorpeo
March 9th, 2008, 10:28 PM
This is too cool, thought I'd just check and see if there was a new notice, and it's back up!

Yay, yay, yay, something to read ... :D:D:D

breezefaerie
March 10th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Oh, thank you!

I have missed you all so much!

Loviatar
March 10th, 2008, 10:03 AM
THANK YOU!!!!

A very happy Lovi
(off to play with the new stuff!)

Chameleon
March 10th, 2008, 10:51 AM
It's great to be back. Thanks for your hard work.

Keenkitty
March 10th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I feel like I am starting over! No Journal...

Ah well...SOON!

KJ

Islandgrrl
March 10th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks, Stephanie, for all your hard work in getting us back home! It's just awesome to be back!!!

lemonlife
March 10th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Thank you!!!

Xanthippe
March 10th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks Stephanie for all your hard work! :)

Aibell77
March 10th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I'm so happy LHC is back! I'm a little lost though....

Electronika
March 10th, 2008, 05:59 PM
:DThank you very much for taking the time and effort for such a wonderful site. Im so happy to have the site back, I was soo bored online, and finding information about hair anywhere else was awkward. Thank you.

auntdaisy
March 11th, 2008, 12:57 AM
I'm so glad the site is back up! I was so sad to keep getting error messages when I tried to visit the site. I was having serious withdrawal symptoms:(

RoseAnn
March 11th, 2008, 06:43 AM
:):):)Thank you thank you thank you!!!! You are a GODDESS!!!

RoseAnn

Ninika
March 11th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Thank you guys, for all the blood sweat and tears you must have shed in restoring LHC for us long hair addicts!

Haldir
March 11th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Whoa I've been checking this site every day for ages now... and it's FINALLY back online, yay! Thank you thank you thank you... :)

wonhwa
March 12th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Thank you! I am so glad we all are back, I missed you all, yes, all thousands of you. thank you, Steph.
Wonhwa

zaftig2k
March 13th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Thanks for all your hard work in putting things back together, Stephanie. I think we are all glad to be back. :)

oogie
March 13th, 2008, 10:38 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!

I can not tell you how very much I say thank you from the very bottom of my heart. You had so much going on and I hope things are going well for you and yours.

WHew.... Now I feel like all is well.

starsaphire
March 14th, 2008, 12:30 AM
I am so happy I'm almost crying. Is that pathetic of me, or what? ;)

Thank you thank you, O administrative goddesses, for getting us back online! I imagine there was an awful lot of blood, sweat, tears and sleepless caffeinated nights involved; I can only say how grateful I am.

- starsaphire

Pani_Mniszek
March 15th, 2008, 04:38 PM
So, um...what happened?

Pani "clueless" Mniszek

growingitlonger
March 15th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I am delighted the boards are back! Its amazing how quickly I had progressed from being almost indifferent to being near addicted. I must have checked back a hundred times to see if LHC was back and nothing quite took its place. Can't wait to look around and see what everyone's been up to!

Nynaeve
March 17th, 2008, 07:18 PM
o
v
e
r
j
o
y
m
e
n
t

:love:

now to get a new piccy.....

Zindell
March 19th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Thank you! I've really missed this forum! :cheese:

Elleyena
March 19th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I'm so glad I checked back every so often! It's good to be back on the forum

justpuggy
March 20th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I am apparently a little slow, but glad to be back! thank you!

soleluna
March 23rd, 2008, 02:00 AM
Happy to be back.. have had a bit of a rough time sentimentaly and haven't logged on in a whiel.. While I'm a bit sad having lost my hair journal, I'm really excited for all the new features and happy to be back

Alethia
March 31st, 2008, 04:16 PM
Thank you so much for all your hard work. I bet there's been a lot of heart ache along the way. I really appreciate all you and the team have done and look forward to playing with it all! Hmmm, my kids might miss me for a while, but hey, I need some ME time, right?

Garnett
March 31st, 2008, 05:11 PM
Thank you for getting us back up so quickly today! :D

Miss Murphy
April 1st, 2008, 01:34 AM
Quickly? It was more than 6 hours without my favest form of procrastination shudder:

Just kidding, I'm just so glad it's back up!

nycstar
March 27th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I recently joined & wish I would've have read this sooner. You answered so many questions that I had as a newbie. I'm excited about this forum and love what you do!