Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red palm oil stopped hair fall

Default Red palm oil stopped hair fall

Hi everyone, I wanted to tell you about my experience with red palm oil. My hair was falling out badly and after using red palm oil for about two weeks or so, the hair loss has stopped and I hardly use any hairs anymore! This oil contains very nutritious toconutrienols, vitamin A and, very important for healthy hair and to stop hair fall! I mix red palm oil with olive oil (about two thirds red palm oil and one third EVOO) and add a few drops of peppermint and lavender essential oils. I heat it slightly au bain marie and massage it gently into the scalp, and after that work it into my length. I let it sit for an hour or so and then wash it out with an organic shampoo without SLS. I repeat this procedure at least twice a week. I recommend!

Length
    Ear/SL/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Red palm oil stopped hair fall

Thats interesting! where did you get it from?
    Lady Heliades, Lorekeeper of the Hidden Grove Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

I got it from my local health store, the brand is Aman Prana. It's extra virgin, organic.

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

Interesting! I have used it the same way I use coconut oil. It's virtually the same anyway + karotenes. I have not experienced any differences in my hair or on the scalp except for the red dye thats staining my pillowcase if I overuse it. I like the smell of the coconut oil better and I use that mostly because of it.

It's hard to tell if something I use on my head affects anything in terms of shedding, because it could be the natural shedding period anyway. So I dont know if the red palm or coconut oil makes any difference there for me.

/ CMG

Length
    na/na/na
    Type
    1a/F/i

My hair is shedding pretty bad. I just called my dr for blood work to see if Im lacking something or whatever. Im going to keep this in mind! It cant hurt thats for sure!

Length
    Pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Hmmm there is a whole aisle of this lovely bright red oil at the caribbean grocery in my neighborhood. I may have to pick up a bottle. It looks delicious to cook with too.

I'm thining my hair fall was induced by my use of sea buckthorn oil an drink. I read a lot about demodex mites and when I starting using sea buckthorn products my eyelash edge got itchy and my scalp really started to itch and shed a lot! I think red palm oil is amazing. I have tried so many vegetable oils but they all seemed to make me shed more than when i don't oil my scalp. Red palm oil doens't do this, which is remarkable for me considering its thickness. Give it a try, girls! Happy growing! It seems that red palm oil as a health supplement of about a tablespoon a day is also really healthy, but I just can't bring myself to swallow it, not yummy to me!

warm weather enthusiast mrs_coffee's Avatar
    Length
    PIXIE/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I have some red palm oil and never thought about using it in my hair. No idea why, as I've used coconut oil many times. Thanks for the tip!

Length
    BSL/TBL/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I noticed a massive difference in hairfall (less hairfall) when I stopped using products containing sulfates. if you've been following this treatment up with a non-SLS product, could this not possibly be the reason for less shedding? Certainly the pattern I noticed in myself - no sulfates for me equals less shedding.

@Beckstamonkey: I don't think the SLS-free shampoo is the reason; I've been using these for about 2 years now. To be honest I don't notice a difference in shedding when using SLS shampoo or SLS-free shampoos. I switched to SLS because my forehead was drying out and I developed a rash on my forehead and itchy scalp from SLS shampoos. SLS-free is indeed much softer on the skin and I'm a fan of natural products . What I really like about red palm oil is that it contains vitamin K, which is very effective in hair growth (even people who are balding or have real hair issues take supplements with vitamin K and such). Have a nice day!