Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parting your hair

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Parting your hair

I had a natural side part when my hair was shorter. My part naturally falls about center now. Usually, I just let my hair do its own thing. Sometimes I make a side part (where it naturally was) because I prefer that.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    26/27/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

You can just "train" your hair to part whichever way you want. I usually part to the left, and if I try and part it differently then I have hairs that want to just flip back over to the left again. I do have longish bangs though, and I am sure if all my hair were the same length it would just part wherever I wanted it to.
    Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I have a natural dead-center side part but my head/face shape just...doesn't look good with it. I part on the side. I just kind of brush my hair back, stick my brush where abouts I think the part will work (usually about a tight three- to four-finger width from the center) and brush it all over. It moves a bit day to day, but it's comfortable. Just sort of grab an area that seems to work, and start experimenting!

Length
    SL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

My hair is crazy if I leave it to part itself. I always alternate between parts slightly left and right of center and a little bit farther from the center of my scalp; I never part in the middle. Don't look good that way.

Length
    shldr/waist/clsc

I have a natural left part, and always have. It drove my mother crazy when I was a kid. Even updos look parted on the left. It does not matter what I try, it goes back to that part. Always. I no longer try to fight it.
    Joie

Quote Originally Posted by JoieBruce View Post
    I have a natural left part, and always have. It drove my mother crazy when I was a kid. Even updos look parted on the left. It does not matter what I try, it goes back to that part. Always. I no longer try to fight it.
    This is me too. My hair refuses to part anywhere but the left side. I don't mind, it hurts my scalp to try parting anywhere else.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I used to part mine from right to left and hairdressers have told me my natural part is slightly to the left. I part my hair to the left. I could see my hair being fine having a middle part if it wanted but I don't part it deeply or heavily anymore just slightly to the left

I tried switching it every other month but that annoyed me.
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by JoieBruce View Post
    My daughter's hair is like that, though hers is on the right. Drives me crazy!
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    16/37/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

I almost always part my side on the right. Sometimes I will part it to the left. It can make my hair appear thicker on top and my scalp feels good when the part is sometimes moved.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I change mine depending on my hair do.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com