Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lube in hair!

Length
    20/23,6/35,4
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Lube in hair!

- Just wondering if anybody else uses lube in their hair ?
    It's really good for my curly hair, when it's wet I put a table spoon of it in my palm and it makes my hair more shiny, softer and lovely ! Doesn't make my hair clump together and my hair just soaks it in . . doesn't make my hair feel oversaturated with product .

The one I use I get from Cyberdog in Camden, 20 quid for 240 gr/8.5 oz, and it's meant to be used when being intimate but the person selling it told me it's also good for your bike, to grease the chain up !

Amazing product you can use almost everywhere heh .
    It's ingredients are Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone and Dimethiconol.

Does anybody else use lube in their hair ?

[warning; don't use waterbased lube ever, silicone based is much better and waterbased might make your hair sticky and gross]
    Freegan - Polyamorous - Ex-Squatter

- Sorry I'm late . - That's okay, time doesn't exist .

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Lube in hair!

I haven't but I know it's a huge thing on naturallycurly.com. A lot of the girls were using this to replace Curl Junkie's Curls in a Bottle. They reported that it worked the same. I'm glad you are having such positive results with it :-)
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**

Length
    ???/waist/TBL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Yes, i'm another one who's used lube in the past on her hair.

I used the water based ones for hair gel when my hair was short (get an endless supply free from the gay bars )

Never used the silicone based ones on my hair but i have some here so i might give it a go

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

That seems like something I would've tried when I was younger, if I'd run out hair product, out of desperation.
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Length
    APL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RedheadMistress View Post

[warning; don't use waterbased lube ever, silicone based is much better and waterbased might make your hair sticky and gross]
    Completely incorrect.
    While many water based lubes contain glycerin, which for some might cause stickiness, especially if they're not in a humid climate.
    It does not mean that everyone has the same reaction to glycerin, although I'm very against it for intimate use.

I would never use silicone based lube on myself, hair or mucus membranes.
    I hate clarifying so often to get it off, and not getting it off means that it locks all moisture out in the end, which caused me major breakage.
    But I do use Yes water based lube instead of Aloe vera gel when styling my hair, and for general intimate dryness.
    Completely free of glycerin, silicones, parabens, common irritants & paraffin.
    https://www.yesyesyes.org/index.htm

Ingredients:
    Aqua (water), Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera)*, Cyamopsis tetragonolobus (Guar Gum)*,
    Ceratonia siliqua (Locust Bean Gum)*, Linum usitatissimum (Flax extract)*,
    Phenoxyethanol, Potassium sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Citric acid.

*Organically grown ingredients.

I believe lube was common among the black guys at my old school to add shine.

Can I be a Guru now** Angela_Rose's Avatar
    Length
    20"/51"/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

...uh.

Wow, that's a lot of 'cones in that thar lube. It's not going anywhere near my hair. I've been 'cone-free for years.

I'm glad it's working for you, though!
    Lady Seraph of the Celestial Rose, OOTLHK.
    Achieved 53.5"/Calf, January 2016; currently at 51" and struggling to come back from a Big Shed.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDoe View Post
    But I do use Yes water based lube instead of Aloe vera gel when styling my hair, and for general intimate dryness.
    Completely free of glycerin, silicones, parabens, common irritants & paraffin.
    https://www.yesyesyes.org/index.htm

Ingredients:
    Aqua (water), Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera)*, Cyamopsis tetragonolobus (Guar Gum)*,
    Ceratonia siliqua (Locust Bean Gum)*, Linum usitatissimum (Flax extract)*,
    Phenoxyethanol, Potassium sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Citric acid.

*Organically grown ingredients.
    I tried the Yes brand for - *cough* - other uses; it works really well. I never thought to try it for my hair! (I admit, in my head I'm imagining a 'Something About Mary' moment...)

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    I tried the Yes brand for - *cough* - other uses; it works really well. I never thought to try it for my hair! (I admit, in my head I'm imagining a 'Something About Mary' moment...)
    pepperminttea you are so funny! This is an interesting thread. Only here in LHC is where I learn new things I can try putting on my hair. Hmmmm I wonder what I should try out next, and pepperminttea I'm not gonna even mention trying out natural things that can be made from human beings in general (eg. urine..., etc,. you get the point) if I wanted to go the silicone free route.... hahahahahaha
    Last edited by rowie; August 10th, 2012 at 11:02 AM.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rowie View Post
    pepperminttea you are so funny! This is an interesting thread. Only here in LHC is where I learn new things I can try putting on my hair. Hmmmm I wonder what I should try out next, and pepperminttea I'm not gonna even mention trying out natural things that can be made from human beings in general (eg. urine..., etc,. you get the point) if I wanted to go the silicone free route.... hahahahahaha
    Well, there was a thread a long while back about certain, more viscous male fluids being used as a protein treatment. I'll leave the rest of that to your imagination...!

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    Well, there was a thread a long while back about certain, more viscous male fluids being used as a protein treatment. I'll leave the rest of that to your imagination...!
    oooh I wonder if there would be any ethical consequences around that, or if there would be an issue of guilt, even using pre-___ might contain live cells. OK I don't want to turn this into an academic discussion on ethics.