Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lube in hair!

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Lube in hair!

Maybe I can find a use for the million sachets of lube I always end up with after pride.
    Last edited by Tisiloves; August 10th, 2012 at 04:39 PM.
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

Length
    Pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Ha, my bottle of silicone lube actually recommends I put it in my hair but I already have a coney leave-in serum so I think I'll just keep using both of them in the places they're meant to be used. But yes, silicone lubes have almost identical ingredients to coney hair-smoothing serums. To the OP, water based lubes are not inferior to silicone lubes. They are different products for different uses and there are plenty of high quality of products of both types on the market.

I'm curious about water-based lubes, though... I really wonder what they would do in hair. I have an organic one with these ingredients: Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract (Organic), Sorbitol, Hydroxyetheylcellulose, Hyaluronic Acid, Stevia (Stevia Rebaudiana) Extract (Organic), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Sodium Citrate, Potassium Sorbate, Paeonia Albiflora Flower Extract (Organic), Passiflora Incarnata (Passionflower) Flower Extract (Organic)

Some mentioned that people were using lube to replace Curls in a Bottle. I can see why, come to think of it they have pretty similar ingredients and an identical consistency. Never though those parts of my life would collide like this!

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Our cone free, basic and quite natural one is awesome for those curly, damage prone nape hairs! Haven't had such well behaved hair there for quite a while!

Length
    20/23,6/35,4
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post
    The kind touted on naturallycurly is water-based, since cones aren't CG friendly and many curlies won't use them. It's used as an alternative to Curl Keeper, too (I didn't know about CJ!), and is quite popular (but not really any cheaper).
    - Aha, read a bit about Curly girl methods and didn't know cones aren't recommended for curly people . Do a lot of curly haired people here not use cones ?
    My hair is awful without cones, so I'm kinda forced.
    Also with the water based lube, I just remember how it makes my hands feel after it's touched it and could only imagine a tangled sticky mess in my hair, but then again I think it depends on the specific kind of water based you use as well, some might be better than others .

I have some water based I will give a go and see how it is, if it doesn't work I can just wash it out ^^

But yeah, sorry I wrote that, was just thinking it might not be good for hair, but yeah should have made it more clear I don't know from experience ! (with the water based lube)
    Freegan - Polyamorous - Ex-Squatter

- Sorry I'm late . - That's okay, time doesn't exist .