Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Split Ender Hair Trimmer

Question Split Ender Hair Trimmer

hi all!
    first of all and most importantly, i misses you all so badly!!!

i'd like to ask about this thing called split-enders machines?!! are they really good? my hair stylist didn't recommend it and said that traditional trimming is much better! but i don't believe her b/c i always ask 4 a trim and end with at least 1" cut and a new hair style!!
    their site is http://www.splitender.com
    what do you think of it?

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Hi Palms,

I would not put this appliance near my hair.

I do not like the premise that every hair that is not the length of my hair is a split end. What about new growth that is not as long as the rest of my hair? Will it get cut off as well? I fear that using this over time will thin my hair. Maybe just my imagination.

In the video it looks like it cuts the tips of hair that is shorter then the length. What about split ends at the hem of the hair?

I prefer a good scissor that is only for hair. Sit by a sunny window, twirl my hair and look for the actual split ends.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

The deal with that thing, is that it cuts with a razor. Now, a well-done razor cut can be a good thing, but the key there is well-done, which I doubt that thing is delivering.

Check out these photos:

Unskilled razor cutting can leave a long 'tail' on the severed hair, which may lead to breakdown of the end of the hair

The stump of a hair that has been badly cut

Source

So I'm not convinced that this thing 1) cuts the hair straight across the bottom and 2) doesn't get dull as all get-out quickly, and give a poor, shattered cut like the second pic. I think you're better off getting a decent pair of hair shears and doing some old-fashioned S&D.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

There were a boatload of threads at the old LHC on the Split Ender. IIRC no one thought they were a good thing. The consensus was to run away as fast as you can. Why would whirling razor blades in your hair be a good thing? As for your stylist? If she is not doing exactly as you ask, why is she still your stylist? Maybe it's time to find someone who will only cut what you ask and not give you a new style each time? Sounds like she is one of those who loves to cut and be "creative".
    Last edited by Carolyn; March 24th, 2008 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I remember when they first came out. I so wanted one....and i still do after reading the testimonials....
    But i can deal with doing it the old fashioned way!
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    19"/23"/30" ?
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

I would be scared to try this. I would just rather S&D.
    Chopped my hair off a couple months ago, after having it for 8 years. On to the growing process once again! Here we go!!!

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

those things are dangerous!! the rotating razor on the inside can reel in your hair cutting alot off in the proccess..... and it cuts every short hair including new growth...
    can i call this classic length

Tapioca

It took a long time, but I fianlly found a stylist that understands that when I ask for 1/4", I *mean* 1/4". And that a blunt hemline means just that. Anytime a stylist does something other than what you ask for, it's time to find a new stylist.

Length
    24/27/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I saw this product too. I am such a sucker for hair commercials. I must say that this commercial did scare me with the whirling razors. Good material for a horror film not my hair.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

please do not use this machine, i bought one of these when my hair was long before, its rips and tears at your hair and causes more splits, its awful. I used mine once and put it in jumble sale.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip