Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Japanese seaweed for hair: Funori

Default Re: Japanese seaweed for hair: Funori

not just for people, I've used Solid Gold's Seameal for my dog a number of times. Once when he was a pup, had mange, and had a moth eaten look to his coat. Seameal helped his coat come back in, fast. and I used it again when he had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor - made the shaved area grow back in fast. Seameal is just a dried seaweed supplement I sprinkle on his food.

Length
    3"/CBL/MBL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Othala View Post
    Yes, it cleaned gently and I didn't need to use conditioner afterwards. I think this is something that one could use exclusively for a few months with good results. My scalp was very happy with the treatment and some got onto my facial skin and it was lovely.

I don't think FuNori would work if you use conditioners, serums, hairsprays and other products that may build up.
    Would it be okay if you use oils as leave-in?

Length
    3"/CBL/MBL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    Yes to Carrots body butter has spriulina. I use it for a facial moisturizer and my skin loves it. It's the absolute best moisturizer I have ever used. Whenever I have a bit of extra money I stock up because I'm afraid they'll discontinue it. So I suppose spirulina would be great for the insides and hair, too.
    I bought some spirulina recently...I wonder if I can use it to wash hair? I tried wakame before.

Type
    1c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaria View Post
    Would it be okay if you use oils as leave-in?
    Yes. I use Camellia oil as a leave-in and the seaweed removed it.

Length
    3"/CBL/MBL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii

Yes. I use Camellia oil as a leave-in and the seaweed removed it.
    I'm going to give it a go. I don't buy things online, but I've seen these types of seaweed at the store. So, I'll grind them and mix them together. Then add water and wash.

Length
    22/38.5/42
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Glad this worked, now I'm eyeing the algae in my pond. Maybe it's miracle-algae!

Seriously, I want to try it sometimes.

Thanks for sharing about the seaweed!
    Beware, the Lipstickless Bandit rides again, roaming the period-correct countryside and absconding with the kisses of all those who take her fancy!

Type
    1c/C/iii

Oooh, I tried irish Moss seaweed yesterday morning. What lovely stuff and great results. It cleaned off the light oiling and my scalp has zero irritation.

I just soaked 2 teaspoons of Irish Moss flakes in hot (not boiling) water overnight and strained the liquid into a separate container in the morning. To wash, I tied my hair into a ponytail and poured the liquid over my head over and over. I had my head over a sink and caught the liquid in a bowl and used an empty yoghurt carton to pour the liquid over. I worked the liquid into my scalp with my fingers and to finish I undid my ponytail and doused it in the liquid too. Then I stepped into the shower and rinsed it all off.

This is uber-natural hair care!

Type
    1c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by piffyanne View Post
    Glad this worked, now I'm eyeing the algae in my pond. Maybe it's miracle-algae!

Seriously, I want to try it sometimes.

Thanks for sharing about the seaweed!
    You are most welcome.

I would be really interested to know how you get on with pond algae.

I can just imagine pre-historic humans getting their hair clean in muddy, algal ponds and lakes. That soft, nutrient-rich gel-like quality of algae seems to be the ideal hair cleanser especially as it does not strip but does remove some oil.

I am going to the beach next week to collect some seaweed of different types and see which one works best and why. Will post photos and result in due course.

Wouldn't it be great if we could safely and effectively clean our hair with something that is free in Nature?

Length
    22/38.5/42
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

You are most welcome.

I would be really interested to know how you get on with pond algae.

I can just imagine pre-historic humans getting their hair clean in muddy, algal ponds and lakes. That soft, nutrient-rich gel-like quality of algae seems to be the ideal hair cleanser especially as it does not strip but does remove some oil.

I am going to the beach next week to collect some seaweed of different types and see which one works best and why. Will post photos and result in due course.

Wouldn't it be great if we could safely and effectively clean our hair with something that is free in Nature?
    I may try it then. I anticipate a single problem: a couple of our koi have been weaned to hand feeding, and they come koi-equivalent-of-dashing up to anyone NEAR the pond and start sucking on your fingers/toes/whatever they can access conveniently.

I could see ShadowFish or Goldie trying to eat my hair.

Looking forward to your pictures!
    Beware, the Lipstickless Bandit rides again, roaming the period-correct countryside and absconding with the kisses of all those who take her fancy!

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Does the seaweed leave build up on your hair at all? I know irish moss is known for build up (or at least I thought so)
    rats spelled backwards spells star