Thread: Fringe Or Not?

Default Fringe Or Not?

Right, I'd appreciate some advice and people's opinions here. My avatar photo is reasonably recent - taken November 2011 - and is my favourite photo; it shows that I have a high broad forehead, which is a family characteristic.

I usually wear my hair in a ponytail or an Alice band, as in the photo, and my problem is that around the hairline on my forehead there's lots of loose little ends of hair which are too long to be held back behind the Alice band or in a ponytail. In the height of summer it's extremely annoying and irritating to have these bits of hair tickling my forehead and I'm considering having a fringe cut back into my hair again.

In a nutshell, do forum members think that a full fringe would suit me? I've had a full fringe before and grown it out, should I go back to this again? I still intend to keep the length (down to my waist), by the way.

Type
    3a/M/ii

Default Re: Fringe Or Not?

I would say it would look good on you. But would it annoy you, if the few hairs you have now already do?

Length
    23/33/34
    Type
    1b/1c/C/ii

Good evening cobden !

I can't quite zoom in your picture but it seems a fringe would fit you quite well. Really !

I guess that if you're asking about that, having such long hairs, means you have been thinking about it quite a lot yet.

Haven't you ever tried to fake one with other hairs' end or a cloth ?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I agree with Amarante, if the few hairs on your forehead are already annoying to you, think what a full fringe will do.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    TBL/waist/term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Maybe try long, sidswept fringe if full fringe would become annoying.
    "Even if the sky is falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound" ~ Lady Mithrellas of the Cobalt Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12/30 MB/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/ii/iii

I agree with what others are saying that if those hairs bother you then having a full fringe will just make it worse. I am one of those that leans towards no fringe. If you get a fringe and then don't like it, the time it takes to regrow will be quite some time with your hair length.

Length
    buzz/CBL/MBL
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

A fringe would definitely look good on you, but considering that the summer heat bothers you, I must say that a fringe would only make it worse. I agree with the others that a longer, side swept fringe would be the best alternative, it would look great on you and it would be easier to pin away from the face when needed than a shorter, full fringe.