Thread: Wen?

Length
    SL+/APL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Wen?

What do people think of Wen? I had never heard of it before. My cousin was in town over the weekend and raving about it and then I saw a thread where it was mentioned today.

But it is too short of a word for the search engine so I apologize if this topic has been done to death!

Opinions?

Length
    23.25/23.25/30
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Wen?

I've used it, but I don't think it is worth the money. It smells nice and tingles and if money isn't a concern, go ahead and try it. It def. makes it feel soft and detangles easy, but made my hair a lil limp at times. If you have thick hair, I bet you'd love it.

Length
    SDL/APL/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/i

It's overpriced, in my opinion.

And on my thin, fine hair it weighed it down and made it really greasy.

But I am absolutely in LOVE with their deep conditioner.

Length
    Chin/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

A lot of people love Wen. It is all my sister uses and she has fabulous hair, but I think a lot of people here would agree that not nearly enough product comes in the packaging for the price. The ingredient list is okay, but it does contain silicone, which isn't very natural and can buildup over time. I have only ever used Wen twice when I spent the night with my sis, and my hair didn't feel much different from when I CO wash my hair with a VO5 or Suave conditioner. Maybe I used a little less product with Wen, but that is the only difference I noticed. Wen is an okay product, but I don't think it is worth $30 for 16oz. I know that Renpure makes a cleansing conditioner for $10 that is supposed to be a duplicate of Wen.
    Slowly creeping towards knee-length hair...

Length
    SL+/APL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I knew this was the place to come
    Thanks guys.

Length
    26/27/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Skip Wen and buy drugstore versions! It's a lot cheaper and basically exactly the same thing. I personally really like the drug store versions of it and have never tried Wen itself but it doesn't seem to be worth the price or how much you have to use of it.
    Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.

Length
    SL+/BSL-/HIP!
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii

I want to try it, but every time I spend money on big brands, they don't work for me.

(Stretched) - Shoulder+. Armpit.BSL!. MidbackWaist. HIP!
    (Curly) - Shoulder+. Armpit. BSL. Midback. Waist. HIP!

Length
    19/23/31
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii

I tried it only once, a couple years ago, and it made my hair fragile. I could hear snaps when I ran my hand through the back of my hair! Very scary. I shampooed and conditioned again immediately. The problem was gone after I used my normal products.

Length
    APL/BSL/HL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/iii

I use the sweet almond mint cleansing conditioner. It added some weight to my curls and made it squeaky clean. I didn't buy it though, my ex gave it to me (his hair's longer than mine) and he likes it also. I would use it if you have product build up but not everyday.

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii

I used it--I still have some leftover. It didn't thrill me. While it was good as a detangler I found my hair looked too dry/fluffy afterwards. Then it quickly looked greasy. The fragrances are not as nice as the advertising claims. Also, I could not believe how much product I had to use each time on BSL hair.
    Sometimes they have it on one of the shopping channels so if you bought it there you could at least return it in 30 days.