Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to wash out Castor Oil

Type
    1c/F/ii

Default How to wash out Castor Oil

Tried searching but the function is being very frustrating right now even with advanced search, that being said if anyone has a link to a thread please link me!

I put WAY too much castor oil in my hair. I've shampooed it twice so far and it is still a greasy mess. I've done some ACV rinses too to try to get rid of the oil, but nothing is working. It's actually really embarrassing because I've been meeting with fairly new clients all day :-/

Any non-damaging techniques I could use or should I just keep hitting the shampoo bottle? I seriously look like a drowned rat. On the other hand, my hair feels awesome! But yeah, it needs to be gone. I've been trying to hide my roots with a headband, and I noticed in the office that I had some scraggly pieces hanging out all day, ugh, embarrassing...

Is this a case for Dawn dish soap? I was considering washing it again while I am on break but I'm kind of shampoo phobic. I'll take any advice, other than the obvious -- use less castor oil!

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How to wash out Castor Oil

The best way is to co it out like in this article http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&articleid=222 it always worked for me.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

grumpy moon princess millyaulait's Avatar
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Shampoo isn't that great and PLEASE don't use dishsoap!

Please coat your hair in cheap/cone-free conditioner & leave it for 20-30m, then rinse.

That should work!

{
    maintaining waist
    & wishing for waves }

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Start with diluting your castor oil with something like Sweet Almond oil
    That made a WORLD of difference for me and I still get the benefits. All the EOs in mine might have thinned it a bit more too. I use Rosemary EO, tea tree, lavender EO, and peppermint EO.

For washing, maybe a half hour before the wash soak in conditioner. I found cone free works best. I also do two CO washes to get it out and it works great.

Heres thee thread http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=18265
    Taking an LHC break.

Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bunzfan View Post
    The best way is to co it out like in this article http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&articleid=222 it always worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by millyaulait View Post
    Shampoo isn't that great and PLEASE don't use dishsoap!

Please coat your hair in cheap/cone-free conditioner & leave it for 20-30m, then rinse.

That should work!
    Thank you both so much!!! I'm so lucky I can work from home a little today, maybe I can get this taken care of before my last appointment!

Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    Start with diluting your castor oil with something like Sweet Almond oil
    That made a WORLD of difference for me and I still get the benefits. All the EOs in mine might have thinned it a bit more too. I use Rosemary EO, tea tree, lavender EO, and peppermint EO.

For washing, maybe a half hour before the wash soak in conditioner. I also do two CO washes to get it out and it works great.

Heres thee thread http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=18265

My problem is I use a petroleum jelly based Castor Oil treatment, not the pure stuff. I'm hoping out of the advice given SOMETHING will work. I normally CO, imagine my distress using two different kinds of shampoo in the shower this morning, washing, washing away!

Thanks for the link

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mzBANGBANG View Post
    My problem is I use a petroleum jelly based Castor Oil treatment, not the pure stuff. I'm hoping out of the advice given SOMETHING will work. I normally CO, imagine my distress using two different kinds of shampoo in the shower this morning, washing, washing away!

Thanks for the link
    Ohhh...I have one like that. The brand is Hollywood Beauty or something like that...is that the one you have?
    Darn well is buying castor oil an option at all? Its in the laxative section at walmart...less than 2 dollars too :]
    That would be very distressing to have to use shampoo!
    Taking an LHC break.

My idea is:

You may try cornstarch (soak up as much as you can) then conditioner (slap it on, leave it in the hair for say 1 hour). If the condish still doesn't work, clarifying shampoo.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

why not try soaking it in conditioner? I heard that removes oil better than shampoo.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Length
    15"/34"/32"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

You could try putting shampoo on your before you wet it. That is what works for me.
    ~May all your long hair dreams come true~
    ~The smallest feline is a masterpiece~Da Vinci
    ~Psalm 118:24
    ~How we behave toward cats here on earth determines our status in heaven~Robert A.Heinlein