Thread: Do you use mousse when your hair is damp or dry?

Default Do you use mousse when your hair is damp or dry?

I'm curious what the majority on this one is. I personally use mousse in my hair damp. I've never tried it in dry hair and I wondered if it made a difference. (And give how long I try to go between washes I really didn't want to attempt it on myself before hearing the opinion of others. I'm a wuss!)

Length
    11 in/32 in/56 in
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: Do you use mousse when your hair is damp or dry?

I use mousse very rarely, though I like to use it for styling. I have tried on both dry and wet hair, it seems to work better in my hair with damp/wet hair. When I do it on dry hair, it requires much more mousse and seems to flake a lot, giving my hair that "oh so attractive" dandruff look. Hehehe.

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I have never used mousse in my life. I don't exactly know what it's supposed to do
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I've not used moose in oh 20 years but I used to put it on damp hair but it kind of used to make my hair feel funky and dull, I prefer to use oil or serum these days
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

I am currently not using product, but before this board I was using mousse, after having been a gel-lover. I like mousse better; it defines without being as heavy as gel. I always put product in sopping-wet hair and squish it around to distribute evenly before toweling up. Otherwise the curl pattern breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    I am currently not using product, but before this board I was using mousse, after having been a gel-lover. I like mousse better; it defines without being as heavy as gel. I always put product in sopping-wet hair and squish it around to distribute evenly before toweling up. Otherwise the curl pattern breaks.
    So you put it in while your hair is still completely soaked? Huh. I had never thought to do that before. I'll have to try it and see what it does in my hair.

Also, what kinds of mousse does everyone prefer? I used to like Tresemme naturals mousse but now I'm searching for something less crunchy.

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Always in damp hair!

I never liked mousse until I tried Goldwell Color Styling mousse. It allows me to tweak my colour in a non-permanent way. I have 7G hazelnut which is a light golden brown and 5N which is a neutral mid-brown. It helps tone henna/buxus-ed hair that's a bit too red for my liking, and it gives body and shine too.

Sounds like they are paying me to advertise the stuff. I wish.

Account Closed by Member Request

I put it in very wet hair (not dripping) after a leave in. Let my hair air dry for a few minutes and then diffuse. I really like clairol 3-in-1 mousse (purple can)-water soluble cone, GVP Paul Mitchell sculpting foam-water soluble cones, and joiwhip by joico.

Length
    SL/32"/CL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/iii

I don't use mousse very often but when I do I prefer to use it on damp hair.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I use mousse on damp hair, scrunch, let dry for a bit then apply a bit more in small amounts until my hair is completly dry. My hair is never crunchy and is defined and soft, I use Got2B fatastic mousse, which is awsome for curl defining IMO (the actual curl mousse by the same brand has something in it my hair hates because my hair went straight when I tried it)
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)