Thread: Best shampoos to reduce hair shedding?

Post Best shampoos to reduce hair shedding?

I take vitamins and oil my hair but what are the best shampoos to minimize shedding? I'm currently using Lush's shampoo

Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Best shampoos to reduce hair shedding?

Avalon organics makes a biotin shampoo that's supposed to be pretty nice. There's a lot of controversy/info on this topic... I kinda just wanted to pop on and say I've heard people having shedding issues with lush products. Although any shampoo can increase shedding, i just wanted to point out the lush thing.

Length
    24BSL/35TBL/42 CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I think it really depends on your own hair. Things that work for some people work terribly for others. For example, I've found my best success with CO, but many people find a huge increase in shedding with CO.

I think trial and error is the best way to approach this question. Also, personally I don't think you can tell from just one wash. If it were me, I'd give it 5-6 washes at least.

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Whatever shampoo you decide to use it's always a good idea to dilute it with some water before you pour in onto your head. This way the shampoo spreads out through the scalp more evenly and you can get away with using less shampoo. Shampoos that say they are for color-treated hair tend to be more gentle, but everyone is different so it's a matter of finding what your scalp and hair likes.
    I've been taking 1000mg MSM per day and I think it makes me shed less. Just a thought.
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights