View Poll Results: You've left a section of hair out of your complicated, intricate braid. Do you...

Voters
344. You may not vote on this poll
  • Redo the entire thing

152 44.19%
  • Leave it, chances are no-one will notice

28 8.14%
  • Undo your braid a bit of the way and try to tuck in the section you left out

112 32.56%
  • Other

52 15.12%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do if you accidentally leave a bit of hair out of your braid?

Length
    CHIN/SHLDR/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default What do you do if you accidentally leave a bit of hair out of your braid?

You know the scenario, you've spent ages intricately braiding your hair so it looks beautiful, everything is seemingly perfect, then you turn your head and notice there's a small section near your neckline that has somehow escaped your attention

Myself, rather than redoing the whole thing I tend to undo just the last bit and try to tuck the offending section in somehow.

What do you do?
    Regrowing naturally!

Type
    3a/M/ii

Default Re: What do you do if you accidentally leave a bit of hair out of your braid?

I'll sit there for forever trying to thread it through the braid/into the rest of my hairstyle to avoid having to take it down and re-braid it... XD

Length
    SL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: What do you do if you accidentally leave a bit of hair out of your braid?

I usually discreetly loop it around a bunch of times and pin it tucked into the underside of a braid, close to my scalp. Haha.

I grab a bobby pin and pin it up so that it's not that visible

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Do-over (^(oo)^)v
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I don't braid, but I do do buns- and I will redo the entire bun if a stray bit of hair is out!
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    6/32/47
    Type
    2c/F/ii

This happens more often that I would like to admit. And twice in a row one evening when I was expected at a restaurant. Two total re-do's.

"You're late." "No, I'm here when I was supposed to be." They didn't buy that.

Normally I'll just undo back to the point where I can braid it back in.

Length
    28/48/48
    Type
    2c/F/ii

If it's a normal day (and so I haven't done the braiding for fancy night out or a wedding or something important) I just leave it out. I might try to hide it somehow, but I know it never works so meh.

Now, if it is a day where I have to necessarily look good, I'll redo as needed.

Waist - Hip - TBL - Classic - Fingertip! - Thigh - Knee
    2c - F - ii
    Lady Withywindle, Keeper of the Old Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I will usually just redo it. it'll drive me crazy otherwise.

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

If it's only a little bit, I discreetly wrap it around the braid. If it's very obvious, I grind my teeth and start over.