334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

281 84.13%
  • No

51 15.27%
  • Planning on it

2 0.60%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: How many of you have gone really short before?

Length
    15/30/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: How many of you have gone really short before?

Quote Originally Posted by citywolfe72 View Post
    Yes , but not because i wanted to . . . and it was when i was in 4th grade . my school sent a leter home to my parents stating that my hair was becomming a problem , expecially in gym class . Needless to say , my mom cut my hair , and my sisters hair . . . she cried while having to do it . we both had hair past our butt . I do not blame my mom , it was the school and the teachers . . . they were always saying things to me about my hair . After it was cut an inch all over my head , the school teachers were so happy , and always gave me a strang funny looking smile when ever they would see me . . . i think it was done out of meanness . . . That is just my thinking . . . The experiance was awlful . . . I hated it . I remember wearing a tobogan/snow hat . My mother kept our hair when she cut it . She gave it to us a few years ago , because she didnt want to be the one to through it away . . . I took my braid , and burried it in the back yard . It was really pretty , and was still soft and beautiful . No one else will ever have the right to tell me what to do with my hair again . It is past my butt again , and am trying to go to the bend of my legs or further .
    Wow, how shocking that your teachers would do that. My daughters hair is close to hip length and already her teacher told me and my daughter that her hair should be up because its in the way or because of lice, she even platted my daughters hair once (that I know of). I was a little bit taken back by that but she is right about having it up to reduce the risk of getting lice… I dont want to deal with lice at this length so I have to suck in my pride and do it but i will NOT have it cut!!! My mother in law already said a few times how her hair is to long and it needs to be at shoulder length.

Length
    26/46.8/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

When I was a teenager, my hair had been cut from hip length to chin length. But not in one cut. First from hip to APL and then to chin length.

Length
    Pixie/24in/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

in 2010 I had a bright red pixie. I loved it but my hair grows pretty fast and I couldnt afford to keep it trimmed!

Lady Ennostiel, Sage of Foal & Leporidae of the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    1/10/26
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I shaved it all off once. I still can't consider bob haircut to be short hair, just because I can remember how long it took to reach that length.

Length
    12?/27/45+
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I've done it twice.. both times cut about 15 inches or so off. I would get tired of long hair - mostly because I couldn't figure out what to do with it. Both times I hated the short hair. It wasn't a very good look for me either. Since the second chop I continually remind myself that I didn't like short hair. I find that having a goal length to obtain really helps me stay on track, especially on the days when I feel tired of long hair. I know I'll regret a chop, so I just try to put my hair up or learn something new to do with it.
    Growing until I decide to stop!