334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

281 84.13%
  • No

51 15.27%
  • Planning on it

2 0.60%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you have gone really short before?

Length
    16.1/30.31/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: How many of you have gone really short before?

once I cut my hair to have it short, and once I cut my hair to get rid of the damage.
    I liked it the first time better, but at the moment I am glad with my hair being healthy.
    May 12th 2012, virgin hair back!
    chin, shoulder,apl,bsl,waist, hip,tailbone, classic.
    Hip length expected in January 2016.

Type
    2a/F/ii

I cut my hair short two times in my life. (I'm 45 now).

When I was 12 I cut from BSL to a pixie because that was "Inn" and most of the girls in my class cut it short at the same time. I kept it really short for a year but then I started to hate it. Especially since strangers thought I was a boy.

When I was 40 I cut from BSL to a bob for two reasons. I always thought that (straight cut) bobs looks great and wanted to try it once in my life. I also needed to get rid of layers. I did like the bob but I like longer hair more, so I instantly started to grow again.

I won't ever cut my hair short again!
    Last edited by Zindell; August 2nd, 2012 at 03:21 AM.
    Lady Sjöfn of the Healing Heart, Warden of Silver and Gold, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    bsl/chin/tlb
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I had a shorter than chin length bob in high school after years of really long hair and I can confidently say short hair is just not for me. I'd never do it again

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I've gone from waist to shoulder and (more than once) from shoulder to pixie. It felt awesome! I love having short hair. Except while trying to style it. And while paying the hair dresser.

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Ahahahaha! So true, but very funny!

In the past I had this urge to cut it short every time my hair actually started to become longer :/ This is how it went (I did this for at least 4 times):

My hair is finally SL or maybe even APL. I'm happy about that. One day I get an idea I need "a change". Off to the hairdresser who gets all the creative freedom he/she wants. I get a short pixie which I love for a few days. Then reality kicks in and I start to "really grow out my hair" and promise myself never to cut again. I tell to everyone who wants to listen that long hair is actually the only thing I want Then my hair gets to SL/APL. To see what happens next, start reading this paragraph from the beginning

This time was different, I was able to get past the SL/APL milestone for the first time ever. I think joining the LHC and not listening to other people's opinion this time ("you can't have long hair because yadayadayada") really helped.
    This is so me. If only I had known that my 'long' hair looking crappy didn't mean that I couldn't pull off long (or short) hair but that it just wasn't long enough! That endless loop of crappy pixies, crappy bobs, crappy shoulder length and crappy APL back to crappy pixie. Round and round and round...

Once I actually stuck to my guns and grew until BSL things were much different. Still not perfect, but so much better than ever before!

Quote Originally Posted by lundmir View Post
    I used to have it short a lot of the time around 5 years ago. Then I discovered this place and let it grow, until exactly a year ago when I chopped once again to a pixie.

I'm currently at APL and won't ever chop again.
    Trust both of us ^^. Once you get around BSL it will all become easier. I haven't felt tempted to cut it even for a second ever since then. Hang in there!
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

As I was preparing for my divorce I cut my hair to a boy-cut. It looked horrid. Not a good choice when I was feeling insecure emotionally and financially - especially since I couldn't afford trims. It became terribly shaggy and messy looking almost immediately. And I had to grow it out. Now I'm at term.

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

my hair was cut three times short in my life, when i was 5 i had apl hair and my mum cut it in a short buzzed bob for 3 years,everyone called me a boy and i hated it so much!
    Then when i was 11 i had bsl hair and i cut it off by my own choice into a pixie,i cant believe i ever had a pixie luckily my hair grows fast because again all my annoying classmates called me a boy.
    I let it grow from then on only to cut it off again by age 16,it was then between waist and hip and i cut back to an angular bob.
    It was nice for a few months but i started to miss my long hair so much and growing out an angular bob is a pain!
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Oh! So many times! Up until 12 I had waist length hair, then I begged my father to cut it and eventually he caved and so it went to shoulder. Then I forgot about it and it went back to waist again. Then at 14 I decided to cut it myself (at 1am)! And ended up with it around my ears. Then I forgot about it again and it grew back to mid back. Then at 16 I came under pressure from extended family members to have it short and ended up with a 'Lady Di' which was all provincial hairdressers seemed able to do at that point! Then it grew to mid back again and I had chin length bob at 21. Then I grew it again to BSL and kept it there until a disastrous perm at 28. After that it kept breaking so much that I ended up with a pixie at 30. I am now growing it and it's at shoulder again. I am not having it cut again! Even trimming has a big question mark over it! Now, aren't you glad you asked?

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Yep. Brush cut short!
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Type
    1c/F/i

When I was little my mother cut it to about chin length, so in retrospect it really wasn't much of a chop. It was probably APL or Shoulder length when she cut it. Since then I have never had my hair "cut" just trimmed.

Aug: 35.5" Sept: 36" Oct: 36.25" Nov: 37.5" Dec: 38" (Starting the year off with only a foot to go till my goal!)
    Jan Feb Mar April May June July Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec