334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

281 84.13%
  • No

51 15.27%
  • Planning on it

2 0.60%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you have gone really short before?

Default Re: How many of you have gone really short before?

#error

#An error occurred.
    Last edited by Asprettyasme; September 7th, 2012 at 12:00 AM.

Length
    Pixie/SL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I've cut my hair to this kind of look twice. Luckily my hair grows fast.

Pixie::Shoulder::APL

Length
    Class/waist/Class
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

I've spent most of my life going between (non-LHC terms) long and short, simply because I preferred short hair but was too lazy to actually maintain a short cut.

One time I really wanted a pixie, so I decided to cut my waist length hair off in stages, from waist - apl and then apl to a bob at about earlobe with a blunt fringe. My mother actually didn't recognise me when she came to pick me up at the hairdresser's! After that, I was intending to cut it into a pixie, but the desire for short hair had been satisfied by that one radical change. I enjoyed having it short for a while, but decided to grow it out from there.

I am really glad I took the plunge and cut it short at that stage, because it's out of my system and now I can focus on growing my hair long without any nagging 'what ifs?' Also, I am really glad I did it in stages because it turned out that I was happy with the bob.

Sober Lush Extraordinair AnqeIicDemise's Avatar
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

I went from WSL to pixie. It was absolutely liberating.

Then again I also felt emotionally stuck in a cesspool, my hair was fried and I was in desperate of change. The only thing I could control was my hair length.

Physically, it felt like I was bald. I always forget how heavy my hair is until I have a significant cut.

eye haelp mama kiep londry waerm.
    BSL|WSL | HP | not quite there CL |
    Moonstruck Tresses

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

I have gone from long (or what I thought was long at the time MBL) to short a few times. I like both. It feels very odd to go from long to short though. I remember feeling like my head was going to float away.
    Change is the only constant.

Length
    58 in/43 in/43 in
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I cut from tailbone to BSL and then up to a Dorothy Hamil do! Everyone thought I was a kid I wont go that short again, it was a lot of work I had to wash and blowdry daily.

On the hunt for terminal. SerinaDaith's Avatar
    Colorado is my physical home but I spend a lot of time in my mind. It's safer that way.
    Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I went from BSL to about 1/4 inch when my second DS was about six months old, I loved how easy it was to take care of then I bleached it and used manic panic to make it purple, I got more complements about it even from women in there fiftys but one woman was extremely rude about it. I do sometimes miss it but I hated the growing process, I am finally done with the layers and able to pull my hair back and waiting for longer tresses than ever before!
    Lady Seredhiel in the Order of the Longhaired Knights. Current body mark: BSL+, Goal length, terminal.No trims in 2013. Henna head. Crazy craft guru.Crunchy Mommy.

Length
    24BSL/35TBL/42 CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

The longest my hair has been before now is BSL. I got it cut from BSL to a jaw length bob. Didn't foresee any issues, but it turns out 2b/c hair looks like a wedge that short. Especially since I constantly brushed it.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I've cut from waist ( or near waist ) to a pixie a few times. I was about to do it again when I found LHC and decided to grow it instead.

Length
    11/27/30
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I've had a pixie, kind of a soft, fluffy version thereof, not one of the punkier ones. A friend of mine groaningly refers to it as "the mushroom cut." (haters gonna hate, I say.)

I cut it that short when my first husband and I were parting ways. Everything in my life was pretty frustrating at that point: everywhere I turned felt like running into a brick wall! I just wanted a fresh start. There was actually something really liberating about it and I enjoyed having it super-short for a couple years after that.

It did mean more time and money at the salon, but significantly less time on a daily basis.

Go for it, if it's what you really want!