Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does hair on your head all grow at the same rate? (Bad haircut..)

Default Does hair on your head all grow at the same rate? (Bad haircut..)

Not long ago I got my hair cut about 3 inches and had long layers added to it. It was a day or two after going to the hair salon that I noticed my layers on the right side of my face are longer than the other side! It's not completely obvious so I don't want to waste any money getting it cut again, so I was thinking I'd cut it a bit myself. But because I don't trust myself with that either, if hair does not grow at the same rate, I will be fine leaving it alone to grow out itself. Am I explaining myself well..? I'm sorry if this is a bit dragged out!

Thank you!

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Does hair on your head all grow at the same rate? (Bad haircut..)

I'd go back to the salon because you paid them to give you a proper haircut and instead they made it lopsided. Not acceptable in my book.

But to answer your question, yes hair does grow at different rates. The difference is all over your head though. Most people don't have a difference between left and right and even if you do, maybe your longer side grows faster and the haircut will get more lopsided over time.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB

Length
    31"/36"/50"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Yes hair definitely does grow at different rates across your head. But it's not hugely noticeable.

Some of the time it actually comes down to breakage anyway, there's usually one side of your head which takes more of a beating than the other!

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Yep, it all grows at different rates. You shed hair, and get new hairs growing, even while the rest of your hair is long, don't you?
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    Ear/SL/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

It does actually. I had the same problem 2 months back but now that its at my shoulders it isn't all that obvious anymore.
    Lady Heliades, Lorekeeper of the Hidden Grove Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    Ear/SL/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

It does actually. I had the same problem 2 months back but now that its at my shoulders it isn't all that obvious anymore.
    Lady Heliades, Lorekeeper of the Hidden Grove Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    ~Calf/Pixie/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Yes, it grows at different rates. BUT that cannot produce a visible effect in "a day or two".

You've had a bad haircut. Go back to the salon, explain why you're unhappy with it, and hopefully they should remedy it.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

It grows at different rates. I'd go back to the salon and get my hair redone.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    12/29.5/31
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I'd go back and in fact that's exactly what I did when I had the same problem in December last year. There was no way I could leave it, there was a difference of about 2" between the sides!
    Avatar picture taken on the 1st May 2012, length=17".

Hair all round generally grows at the same rate. So that longish bit now will be longish in the future.

heidi w.

By Lady Godiva
    Avatar Photo: Bruce Folck, Blue Dragon Photography. Profile Photo: LJC