Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This girl claims this method will make your hair grow 3-4 inches in a week - what?!

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default This girl claims this method will make your hair grow 3-4 inches in a week - what?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxmZn...feature=g-vrec

^^^ I stumbled across this girl's video about how she's found a hair care method that made her hair grow super fast in a week. I am feeling skeptical, but at the same time I'm kind of willing to try this out.
    ~ I was forever staring at the tender blue veins along the inside of my wrists; fragile twigs trapped under ice. ~

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: This girl claims this method will make your hair grow 3-4 inches in a week - what

Okay, oil treatments are all well and good but if you want to wash your hair daily I would be very sure that I wasn't using any kind of clarifying shampoo. That could be unreasonably damaging in the long run.

I would say that any promises of super fast hair growth should be looked at with a healthy dose of suspicion. The real key is patience and treating your hair nicely.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Length
    <bsl/39"/long!
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: This girl claims this method will make your hair grow 3-4 inches in a week - what

I've seen her video before, and was disappointed by the lack of a "before" photo...

I believe that hot oil can be very good for growth, since it is basically applying heat to the scalp, which is known to stimulate growth. But three to four inches is crazy talk in my mind. Even if she somehow got those results herself, I wouldn't hold my breath on my own head.

I haven't tried it simply because I'm skeptical of any magic growth enhancer, and with my recent shedding trouble with CO, putting oil on my scalp doesn't sound appealing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    bra strap - mid back - waist - lower back - hip - tailbone - classic - knee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Type
    2b/M/iii

I don't believe it either. There's more to making your hair grow than applying hot oil to it.

Washing everyday is way too much hair manipulation!

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

It definitely won't work. That is impossible.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/35"/55"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Doubtful. I mean, a lot of people here oil every day and don't get that kind of growth.

She probably mis-measured.

~maborosi~

Length
    bsl/elbow/n/a
    Type
    1c/F/ii

There are folks here who do prewash oilings, including with olive oil. They don't report similar growth after a similar routine in large numbers.

OTOH, every month or two, some LHC member has a sudden growth spurt in the 2-4" range. Some people just have hair that will grow in spurts. They'll generally report it as 2" or 4" in a month, but that's because LHCers tend to measure monthly or less. It's unusual, but not unheard of by any means. Most of the time, the folks that report these spurts do not have wildly unusual growth rates in reality. It's not "I grow 3" every month!" it's "I grew 3" in March, and had a stall for April, May and most of the summer "

There is no such thing as a way to dramatically increase your hair growth.

And speaking as someone who grows relatively fast... It takes a good deal of practice to get used to a new length. If I let my hair grow full speed ahead, I end up growing way faster than I can manage to learn to deal with it. Then I chop it off, usually far more than necessary. It's much better for me to trim judiciously and wind up with a more average net growth.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Smells of bulls poo to me!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I couldn't help but think "what a bunch of crap" as I watched her video and read the FAQ. I just don't get it either.
    ~ I was forever staring at the tender blue veins along the inside of my wrists; fragile twigs trapped under ice. ~

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Oiling alone can't make your hair magically grow faster, and shampooing constantly like that is more likely to cause problems than not. Everyone is looking for that hair growth miracle, and I know what it is! *whispers* Waiting for it to grow! Please send me $10.

Bwahaha...I just read her FAQs, and she says she's never done it for more than a week--so how does she know it works consistently (I mean, if you buy it in the first place)?