Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This girl claims this method will make your hair grow 3-4 inches in a week - what?!

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Default Re: This girl claims this method will make your hair grow 3-4 inches in a week - what

Quote Originally Posted by torrilin View Post
    And speaking as someone who grows relatively fast... It takes a good deal of practice to get used to a new length. If I let my hair grow full speed ahead, I end up growing way faster than I can manage to learn to deal with it. Then I chop it off, usually far more than necessary. It's much better for me to trim judiciously and wind up with a more average net growth.
    This is really very true. 3" of growth is enough to throw everything off--buns don't work as well, you have to modify things, etc. If your hair grows at a normal rate, you ease into all that, but it would drive you crazy if you had to make those kinds of adjustments every week! And where's the fun and passion in instant anything? You think you want everything right now, but once you have it, you've lost all that exquisite yearning and anticipation. So enjoy the journey, because sooner or later, all journeys end, and then you're in a whole new phase.

Length
    Chin/BCL/Class
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: This girl claims this method will make your hair grow 3-4 inches in a week - what

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post
    This is really very true. 3" of growth is enough to throw everything off--buns don't work as well, you have to modify things, etc. If your hair grows at a normal rate, you ease into all that, but it would drive you crazy if you had to make those kinds of adjustments every week! And where's the fun and passion in instant anything? You think you want everything right now, but once you have it, you've lost all that exquisite yearning and anticipation. So enjoy the journey, because sooner or later, all journeys end, and then you're in a whole new phase.
    Wisdom, you spread it.
    Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    On my way to classic! **Proud Member of The Creepy Creepers Cult**

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I don't know... I don't think she has a clue as to what she is talking about. And it is very likely she measured wrong, if she even measured at all. She could be going by a photo where she is holding her head differently, or looking in the mirror and holding her head at a different angle so it looks longer.

I wash every day, but I would never ever wash everyday with a clarifying shampoo (that's what she is using, right?). That sounds like it would be really damaging.
    current length: chin/bob growing out undercut | first goal length: BSL

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Shiranshoku View Post
    Wisdom, you spread it.
    Yoda, I am.

grumpy moon princess millyaulait's Avatar
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I think it's probably also just a ~miracle advertisement~ of sorts to get her more views & subscribers too.

{
    maintaining waist
    & wishing for waves }

Technicolour Pug Lover pink.sara's Avatar
    Length
    42/26/36
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

I dislike this video.

Brand New Redhead

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    pixie/26/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I've read through this thread but I won't click the link or watch the video, it just sounds like someone trying to get views for her channel. Anybody can say anything about anything on the internet and SWEAR THAT IT WORKED!!!

Seriously, if it were that easy wouldn't most LHC people have hair dragging 3 feet behind them on the floor by now?

Length
    8 in/41/45 +
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Well... I kinda tried that (minus the oil). I went from regular working out to doing upside down yoga poses once a day and upped my protein intake. My growth was amazing in 30 days, Here's the result.

So I really do think there is something about the upside down head for 4 minutes. I did a lot of poses like camel and massaged my scalp upside down. It's really not the oil, but the blood flow. My hair would hate being washed that much without conditioner!

I know a girl who brushed her hair upside down every day rubbing the scalp. Her hair grew like a weed. She ate a lot of protein too though.

Lady Ligeia of the Wandering Oleander in the order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    bsl/elbow/n/a
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post
    Yip! I can theoretically grow as fast as 3" in 3 months. And since I might measure as often as twice a year, my growth might be a bit spurty, so sometimes it might be more like 3" in two months... Dunno. Too much work, and measuring involves having my hair down. Ew. I grow my hair because I like it up and out of my way.

It generally takes me around 6-12 months to really get comfy with a new length. I hit waist around this time last year, and I did about 3-4 trims over the last year to maintain. It's only over the last 6 months or so that I've really felt like my hair is comfortable again.

I'm probably a bit towards the extreme end of being slow learning updos and for having fast growth...

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I don't think there's anything wrong with making suggestions for healthier hair--that's what we do here, after all. Oiling your hair? Fine. Scalp massages? Great. Using a clarifying shampoo daily? Not so good, IMO, but I suppose some wouldn't find it harmful. Telling people that they will get 3-4 inches of growth in a week using a special method? That's BS, and it's preying on people who just want a miracle.

As far as doing research (as suggested in the comments to any detractors), I would love to see the research and science that backs up this method. Posting links to studies in the FAQs would be nice. It's always interesting to do some reading as to the science (real or imagined) behind anything like this.