Thread: aspirin on scalp?

Length
    5/10/30
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default aspirin on scalp?

I use aspirin on my face with great results, so I thought wouldn't it work just as well on my scalp? So I added 5 crushed aspirin to my shampoo and have the cleanest scalp! But I'm wondering, are there any risks to using aspirin on the scalp?

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: aspirin on scalp?

I'm sure i've heard of it being used on the scalp.....given shampoo isn't on there very long i'd think it should be ok.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    22/24.3/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I found this quite interesting as I just started to use aspirin on my face.

I found these on the internet:

Ingredients: Two Asprin
    Shampoo
    My grandfather was a barber and suggested this after I had tried many of the store bought remedies, it is similar to another remedy just with less ingredients.Crush the two asprin and add to your normal amount of shampoo you use to wash your hair, wash hair with mixture and leave on for one to two minutes. Rinse well and wash again to ensure all the asprin has come
    out. This has worked for me and everyone I have recommended it too on the first try.
    found at: http://www.susangaer.com/studentprojects/dandruff.htm

Also found this:
    Did you know the well-known pain killer aspirin, used for relieving aches, can serve you equally effectively to eliminate the problem of dandruff? Just crush and powder two aspirin tablets and add it to your shampoo. Leave the mixture on your scalp for two minutes. Rinse and wash properly to remove the aspirin particles completely from the scalp.
    found at: http://www.skin-care-recipes-and-rem...me-remedy.html

Found yet another:
    Dry Scalp. Whether you have dry scalp or a huge case of dandruff, aspirin is here to help. Why? Because Aspirin is medicated and works as an acid which helps promote a good state of well being, this also includes hair health and care. Wash your hair regularly. After you have washed with shampoo, smash three aspirins. As you continue, mix with a tablespoon of vinegar and apply to the hair. Massage the scalp in circular motions and leave on for about 20 minutes. Rinse with cold to cool water and apply conditioner.
    found at: http://www.helium.com/items/847948-a...its-of-aspirin

I think you get the idea... didn't see anything about a negative effect while looking.

Length
    18"/27"/32"
    Type
    2c/F/M/i/ii

Ooh, thanks for posting, I'll definitely be trying this. I've started using camellia oil on my scalp lately and I'm already noticing a difference, but I still want to give this a go now

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Aspirin is Salacylic acid, and should be perfectly safe to use on the scalp. Its actually the main ingredient in non benzoyl peroxide acne treatments. The only thing is that it could be drying if used too often.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Cool idea!
    "If we amplify everything, we hear nothing"