Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ripped out a lock of my hair...

Length
    34 tb/44 mt/50 kn
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Ripped out a lock of my hair...

and am feeling a likely disproportionate amount of regret over it!

Last night, after I turned off the lights to go to bed, I stretched a little, got the longest (knee-length) part of my hair caught beneath my calloused feet, lifted my head back up, and rip!

As a consequence, today I'm feeling down on my hair, am worried I have a bald spot, and am dreading when that lock is a few inches long and makes my hair look all messy.Does anybody else get too worried over hair when things like this happen? How do I get over it (haha, that sounds pretty sad)?

Length
    ~29/42/46
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Ripped out a lock of my hair...

Can't say I have hair as long as yours, but when me and DBF are together, he often misses my hair up or ends up lying on it and I pull away tugging at my hair and ripping it out. It is deeply upsetting although I'm sure it is nowhere near as bad as you think! I always think it is really noticeable but noone can see it apart from us hair obsessees
    Last edited by oddelabop; August 22nd, 2013 at 08:41 AM.

Length
    21.5"/40.2"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Well I have a similar story. I did cute pigtails with the clear elastic and didn't want to slide it all down the length of my hair and ended up cutting off, with a lock of my hair :/

So now I have this little chunk of hair that hands off the bottom of my head that wont go into top buns or high ponytails. I was totally devastated for weeks, but the other day I realized it was kind of cute like a reverse rat tail ... The other day I even accessorized it with a little mini hair spiral! and the best part is it makes it totally easy to see how much my hair is growing. It's grown almost 2 inches since the incident!

So I guess maybe trying to see any positive that you can is helpful, also for me what helped is realizing that this minor thing is nowhere near as bad as losing half your length to haircut miscommunication. It could always be worse right? Just know you are definitely not the only one who freaks out about this sort of thing, I'm willing to bet it is fairly common on this board.

Hope you feel better!
    1b/F/M/iii APL~BSL~MBL~WL~Elbow~Hip~BCL~TBL 40" Finally!

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I once cut off a small lock when I missed with the scissors doing a S&D. I have bangs though, so it blended right in. I don't even remember what side it was on.

Could always be worse!

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I once cut off a small lock when I missed with the scissors doing a S&D. I have bangs though, so it blended right in. I don't even remember what side it was on.

Could always be worse!

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Length
    14/22/30
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Doesn't sound sad at all —*I think it's pretty natural to worry a bit about hair.

I wouldn't worry too much about bald spots or that area looking out of place — it can't be much worse than regular shedding.

Length
    34 tb/44 mt/50 kn
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Thanks, you guys, I feel much better already! It could indeed be worse. And I really hope it isn't as noticeable as it feels!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

How many hairs are we talking about here?

I think the worst such incident for me was when I squatted down to play with my new puppy in the kitchen, then stood up and ripped out about 8 hairs on the cabinet hinge. I forgot all about it until I noticed a small cluster of new hairs sticking straight out at that spot. haha; funny looking But time passes and hair grows; we have to take the good with the bad.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I've got mine caught on my work bag and ripped 8 hairs or so,

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    Chin/WL/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I'm sure nobody, even you, will see it. Seriously, I know what you're feeling, but instead of stressing over it (it'll be bad for hair) I'd have something nice for hair to eat or something It'll grow back!