Thread: Shea Butter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    35cm/86cm/100cm
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Shea Butter

I love shea butter on my ends, I prefer whipped shea butter as then I'm less likely to use to much, because less really is more for me.

I used to buy it here, I have in fact got a stash from there but they took away my favourite scent and I'm not a fan of the scent of natural smell of shea butter.

The last batch I got from here, it's an Australian company, and I love it.

I'd love to hear if you use shea butter, where you get yours from and if you prefer whipped or not, unrefined or refined.
    "I can't stand makeup commercials. 'do you need lipstick that keeps your lips kissable?' no, I need lipstick that gets me equal pay for equal work. How about eye shadow that makes me stop thinking I'm too fat? Maria bamford" Conefree Conditioners in Oz

Length
    BS/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I didn't know there was another form of shea butter available I have a tin of a 100% of unrefined pure African shea butter bought from here.
    It's a bit difficult to use, as it is solid and you need to warm it up in your palms first. The results, when I remember to use it, are great! My hair gets cotton soft, I can't stop touching it.
    I would like to try the easier-to-use varieties, though. It might help me use it more often!
    Last edited by greek_lady; March 8th, 2008 at 01:06 AM. Reason: to add direct link
    ---<--@
    ...more than twist in my sobriety... TT

Length
    pixie/bsl/bsl
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I like to use the Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner on the hair from my nape/ears down. I just use a little bit, maybe 1.5-2 pea-sized blobs worth, but it makes all the difference in my hair, I just love it! It has shea butter, jojoba oil, cocoa butter, aloe vera, and a few other ingredients that my hair seems to totally soak up.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyNinja View Post
    I like to use the Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner on the hair from my nape/ears down. I just use a little bit, maybe 1.5-2 pea-sized blobs worth, but it makes all the difference in my hair, I just love it! It has shea butter, jojoba oil, cocoa butter, aloe vera, and a few other ingredients that my hair seems to totally soak up.
    I just brought some of this leave in on Friday. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells so good. I'm waiting to wash my hair before trying it.

Length
    35cm/86cm/100cm
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyNinja View Post
    I like to use the Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner on the hair from my nape/ears down. It has shea butter, jojoba oil, cocoa butter, aloe vera, and a few other ingredients that my hair seems to totally soak up.
    I've seen mention of this leave in and I wish I knew where to get hold of it in Australia!
    "I can't stand makeup commercials. 'do you need lipstick that keeps your lips kissable?' no, I need lipstick that gets me equal pay for equal work. How about eye shadow that makes me stop thinking I'm too fat? Maria bamford" Conefree Conditioners in Oz

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

I have had my jar of shea for so long and the labeled peeled off during my melting in the boiling water trick,that I don't remember who in the world made it.I got from the natural foods store here in town and its a purplish jar...Anywho-I'm currently using my shea as a conditioning treatment recipe that I picked up from TBB.Basically,it one part shea,one part carrier oil(I used jojoba but thinking back I should have used coconut)and half part conefree conditioner(I used Burts Bees Sugar Beet and Grapefruit)and I did add a drop or two of White Grapefruit EO.That;s not really part of the original recipe,it was for me because I love that scent.

anywho basically you melt the shea-mix it with the handmixer-stick it in the freezer for a few-mix again with mixer-back in the freezer.Repeat untill thick and creamy.Then,add a tiny drop to your wet hair for the moisture.The poster from TBB uses it as a before shower treatment too but I haven't tried that yet.I would love to give the original recipe sharer props but I can't remember who it is

I also added Lavender EO in my shea to cover up the natural scent.Like many others,I don't care for it whatsoever.Oh and mine is unrefined shea
    Last edited by Patrycja; March 8th, 2008 at 07:05 AM. Reason: stupid me can't spell
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    34"/36/38
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

I use unrefined shea butter from Akamuti. I bought 100g from them about a year ago, and I'm only just finishing it. My next block is on the way. I found I got used to the smell, and now I find it really comforting. I've been using it on my ends a lot lately, and also on my hands in the morning and evening. It makes them soooo soft.
    Lady Ehlonna of the Sylvan Glade in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    ??/32/??
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian View Post
    I use unrefined shea butter from Akamuti. I bought 100g from them about a year ago, and I'm only just finishing it. My next block is on the way. I found I got used to the smell, and now I find it really comforting. I've been using it on my ends a lot lately, and also on my hands in the morning and evening. It makes them soooo soft.
    That's the shea butter I use and I love it. I use it on my hair to keep it soft and tame any flyaways, and as an all over body moisturiser.
    ??/waist/??
    Products: Terressentials, MM shampoos, honey, jojoba oil, shea butter, henna.

Type
    2a/M/iii

I actually like it more for my face as a night treatment. I spread a small amount on my face next day my skin is velevety soft all day.

My hair is shoulder length now... but that is nothing to flaunt.
    15Apr2013 Hair is 1-2" shy from the pic above. Much better.

Length
    12/22.5/34
    Type
    4a/4b/F/M/i/ii

I use whipped SheaAloe, I've tried the Shea Butter alone and it left my hair super dry. My ends love the SheaAloe mix and I also use in on my skin esp. in the Winter. I get mine form hairveda.net