Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slide Into August (& Stick!) Sale!

Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Graydog Prong (Sweeten the Pot!)

SOLD & SHIPPED:

Willow-the-Wisp Circlet, Leaves - 8/01 - 8/02
    Tribu Swirl Stick - 8/01 - 8/02
    Bronze Jeweler Slide - 8/01 - 8/02
    Etta Mae Prong - 8/01 - 8/02

SOLD:

Graydog Prong - 8/03

** SOLD **

Graydog "Sunset" Prong

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170231549234

Can you believe how quickly this summer has flown? Soon the long, lazy, sun-fueled days will end, leaving us the joys of autumn-tide, the harvest, football games, long walks on shortened days through brightly enameled woods.

And you will wear your hair down more, with half-ups, peacock twists, styles were slides are unbeatable. You can use them on a lot of hair, or a little; turning the stick makes them smaller or larger, as needed. They add a bit more flare and fashion to the function.

These following slides, etc. will keep those gorgeous locks shown off to their best advantage. When you know you look great, it makes the farewell to summer a bit easier to take.

The fine print: Please PM me if interested in anything - I have been tied up in not nearly so fun stuff, but should be able to give far more attention to my beloved LHC now! Yay!

The price listed for the item includes shipping and, unless it's a really strange place in which you live that requires the requisition of a horse and buggy to deliver your goods, this will apply to domestic and foreign.

PayPal is preferred, but whatever is easiest for the buyer - and is actual currency, like no rocks in exchange for a slides sorta thing.... - and I need the money (got the neatest boxes for my comb collection, but they wanted to be paid for them - the nerve of some eBay sellers!), so swaps are out, I'm afraid.

Think that should about cover it for now. Any questions, please ask away. I don't know anything, but it's always nice to hear from you!

Okay - we're off!
    Amber-Gold Florentine Slide (Far Right in Pic)

First up is a beautiful and unusual slide. It's made of a very hard plastic, there's no bend, yet it is strong, strong, strong! The beautiful amber-gold of the slide is warmed further by lovely brown striations that flow throughout the slide and the stick.

The original seller of this slide claimed it to be a grandmother's and very old - I'm a grandmother, and 56 sure feels "very old" quite a bit of the time, but I sometimes wonder at all these "ancient grandmothers" and their possessions that loving family members can't wait to sell off on eBay....

But I digress. The slide is 4" long and the stick, whose beautiful swirl matches that of the slide, is 6" in length. This is truly an ornamental, yet tasteful, piece that looks lovely in all hair. $18

Willow-the-Wisp Oak Circlet w/Acorn Stick, Dangling Oak/Acorn Leaves (Set)

** SOLD **

** SOLD **

Bronze Jeweler Sunset Slide (Center/Front in Picture)

Decorative Swirl Slide (Far Left in Picture)

A real charmer, this sweet slide - but don't let the size fool you, it will hold its own with larger slides any day! The stones are dazzling-bright and set off by the most delicate of silver drops, so much painstaking work on such a wee-dear wonderful piece.

The dazzling slide is 3" long, the stick is but 5" - a nice size for half-ups on really thick hair, but will hold a goodly amount of hair.

It is a vintage slide, yet it is in excellent condition, possibly it had been kept safely out of reach by a caring owner, instead of being worn and risking damage? We'll never know. But I advise the new owner to wear it and enjoy it, for this is what it was meant to do, to add the joy of a little touch of beauty in the life of a woman. A gift to yourself, or for a special friend. $10

** SOLD **

Etta Mae Birdseye Maple "Pawn" Prong

Oriental Style and Grace Hair Stick Pair

This pair of Oriental-Inspired hair sticks are fashioned by me, but are made up of pieces from an artisan’s very expensive pair that broke - both the stick and my heart!

The creamy depths of the green and purple jade beads are further enhanced by stunning gold-laced cloisonné globes from which dance Indian Princess florals wearing the very tiniest of seed pearls - a melding of Asian cultures, where the Japanese join with the Indian to create fanciful, flirtatious jewels.

This luscious pair is not top heavy, but they set well into your style. The sticks are 7-1/2” long, with a goodly 6-1/2” functional. $22

Tribu Grand Black Swirl Stick (Center-Left in Picture)

This grand black stick from “Tribu,” the UK’s purveyors of all things bohemian/ethic/out-of-the-ordinary. This is a strong, hardy stick that will be a workhorse for you, while the fanciful topper adds interest and style in a color that will take you anywhere you need to go.

It is 8” in total length, 6-1/2” functional, though you can use it up into the flat swirl top, if you please. $10

Finally, this beauty from the designer, Ann Vuille - a very strong, sturdy hair clamp onto which she's set a silken-frayed plaid bow, set with sapphire blue and clear crystal dangles. Not your usual hair clamp, for sure! And when I bought it, I about had a stroke at the price, for this was probably the first real "quality" hair toy I ever purchased.

It will hold a style, or you can use it to decorate your pony tail, twist, half-up - up to you and limited only by the extent of your imagination. Like brand new and a super deal for $23.

I do hope there’s something here you will find worth your while and a look - an inspiration to open your checkbook would be great, too!

Any questions, requests, what have you, give me a shout!
    Last edited by Peggy E.; August 3rd, 2008 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Updating Availability
    The Blog: Skipping Barefoot Down the Rocky Road of Life

Length
    16/50+/?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Slide Into August (& Stick!) Sale!

Peggy -
    Sent couple of pm's...

Length
    17"/20"/24"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

PM'd you!
    Lady Myst of the Evanescent Veils OLHK
    Before/after lemon rinse pics

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I PMed you a bit ago on TBB.

Length
    shldr/27.25/???
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Sent you a PM.
    April 2009

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

i'd LIKE to PM you about the etta me, but i don't have enough privileges to do so

Length
    Dunno/Clsc/Term.
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii/iii

omgomgomg graydog! *dies*

omgomgomg I have one curved fork and it doesn't work for me. *cries*

I hope it finds a good home, Peggy!

No day but today.

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

Ohhhhhh I want that Graydog!!!!

But,I'm broke I hope it finds a lovely home.
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    -/19/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

PMed you about the graydog

~Hopeless Ficcare and hair dye addict~

Type
    1b/M/ii

That graydog is GORGEOUS!

Unfortunately, don't have the money right now. Especially since, as I've been saying for ages, I want to try a 3 prong fork before I get another two prong

It's beautiful though